Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrcolabottles

Hi,
    I have a Simon v3 eircom alarm that was monitored but now isn't. The battery in the unit needs replacing and the beeps are driving me to the brink of insanity during the night, but it also seems to be getting effected by a phone line fault at the same time (which I think has been a factor in the battery running low) which also makes it beep (engineer is coming out to fix that). I have a few questions still - even after reading this entire thread! I'm not hugely tech savvy, so I apologise in advance.
    I have managed to lower the volume of the beeps and I did a system test to ensure the battery problem was the unit battery and not the motion and vibration sensors.

1. How do I ensure that the unit stops ringing eircom every time the alarm goes off or beeps a fault etc? I want to keep the alarm but not have it monitored

2. I have located the fuse. To replace the battery can I take out the fuse, open both covers and take out the battery? Presumably it can't ring eircom with a fault/tamper report then?

3. When I replace the battery and put in the fuse again is there a protocol I need to follow to get it up and running/stop it from going off?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

To stop the beeps as a temporary measure till the battery is replaced. Drop the front lid, enter your user code. Press, delete, option, 01 then done.
    You will need the engineer to delete the monitoring station numbers from the control panel, option 04, 05 and 06. If you have still have a working line in the house you could get the engineer to set up the domestic dialer. At lease you will have self monitoring on the alarm system to 1 phone.
    When you replace the battery and power it up on the battery it will not go into alarm. Close up then turn back on the mains. Drop the lid and set up the time.
    If you do have an eircom engineer coming out get the engineer code off him for the alarm, always good to have for any issues you may have down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrcolabottles

thanks

thanks

Your welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 budgie300

Hi, I've just been trying to set up my eircom alarm (Simon version, no longer monitored) to dial my mobile if it activates.
    I have the engineers code and followed the instructions of option 43 mobile number, option 44 10 option 17 020 which all seemed ok.
    However the alarm does not allow me to add/delete options 4,5 or 6 they don't seem to exist.

Anyway after trying to run the phone test nothing happened and i'm now left with the alarm saying 'phone test is on' every couple of minutes which I can't seem to cancel.:mad:

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

• Advertisement

budgie300 wrote: »
    Hi, I've just been trying to set up my eircom alarm (Simon version, no longer monitored) to dial my mobile if it activates.
    I have the engineers code and followed the instructions of option 43 mobile number, option 44 10 option 17 020 which all seemed ok.
    However the alarm does not allow me to add/delete options 4,5 or 6 they don't seem to exist.

Anyway after trying to run the phone test nothing happened and i'm now left with the alarm saying 'phone test is on' every couple of minutes which I can't seem to cancel.:mad:

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

You have not got the correct engineer code. The correct one will allow you delete option 04, 05 and 6. drop the lid and enter your code, press phone test , done, then cancel.

altor wrote: »
    You have not got the correct engineer code. The correct one will allow you delete option 04, 05 and 6. drop the lid and enter your code, press phone test , done, then cancel.

Thanks for the swift reply Altor, any ideas how I can get the correct engineers code, the alarm came pre-installed in the house and I have only limited paper work with it.
    When we moved in I had a few issues with it when decorating i.e. moving sensor and getting tamper errors, so I ended up getting what eircom said was the engineering code from them in order to stop the alarm going off every few hours!

Bizarely since then all has been fine for nearly a year until Saturday night when the alarm went off (although we were away, told by our neighbours), now I have the status light coming on and I'm getting the "system phone communication failure error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the swift reply Altor, any ideas how I can get the correct engineers code, the alarm came pre-installed in the house and I have only limited paper work with it.
    When we moved in I had a few issues with it when decorating i.e. moving sensor and getting tamper errors, so I ended up getting what eircom said was the engineering code from them in order to stop the alarm going off every few hours!

Bizarely since then all has been fine for nearly a year until Saturday night when the alarm went off (although we were away, told by our neighbours), now I have the status light coming on and I'm getting the "system phone communication failure error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you got a line connected to the alarm?

Have you got a line connected to the alarm?

I actually think the line was disconnected and following where it looks like it was going i'm sure it has been.

I guess what has happened is that whilst we were away something triggered the alarm and the system tried to call PW hence why we are now getting the "system communication failure" status as clearly it cant phone out.
    Obviously our alarm has not been triggered in the last year or I guess we'd have encountered this problem sooner. Does that sound about right to you?

Anyway I presume If I can get the correct engineers code and delete options 4, 5 and 6 I shouldn't encounter this problem again?

I actually think the line was disconnected and following where it looks like it was going i'm sure it has been.

I guess what has happened is that whilst we were away something triggered the alarm and the system tried to call PW hence why we are now getting the "system communication failure" status as clearly it cant phone out.
    Obviously our alarm has not been triggered in the last year or I guess we'd have encountered this problem sooner. Does that sound about right to you?

Anyway I presume If I can get the correct engineers code and delete options 4, 5 and 6 I shouldn't encounter this problem again?

That is correct. If the code they gave you works to allow some functions then they may have changed the wrong utility access code. Try 54321 when you drop the lid and see if this allows you delete option 04, 05 and 06.

• Advertisement

That is correct. If the code they gave you works to allow some functions then they may have changed the wrong utility access code. Try 54321 when you drop the lid and see if this allows you delete option 04, 05 and 06.

Unfortunately 54321 is the code they gave me:(

Any other ones to try.

Really appreciate your help by the way:D

Unfortunately 54321 is the code they gave me:(

Any other ones to try.

Really appreciate your help by the way:D

Not surprised :D
    Sent you a P.M re the code.

A massive massive thanks Altor, you are a real gent, you helped me out of a bind there!

A massive massive thanks Altor, you are a real gent, you helped me out of a bind there!

Your welcome budgie300, all easy when you know how :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

Hi Guys im looking for some help I have a simon eircom alarm (out of contract) and keep getting "phone communication Failure" i think the phone line might be dead but dont know for definate. when i open the panel i hear "use numbered keys to enter ID" i enter 54321 when i press the option button it jumps from option 3 to option 7 how do i go about deleting this "phone communication Failure". I also get "phone test is on" every few minutes. Any help would be much appreciated.

kerdiff wrote: »
    Hi Guys im looking for some help I have a simon eircom alarm (out of contract) and keep getting "phone communication Failure" i think the phone line might be dead but dont know for definate. when i open the panel i hear "use numbered keys to enter ID" i enter 54321 when i press the option button it jumps from option 3 to option 7 how do i go about deleting this "phone communication Failure". I also get "phone test is on" every few minutes. Any help would be much appreciated.

That is just a utility access code. You will need the correct engineer code to delete options 04, 05 and 06.

I have sent you a P.M re this.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

A BIG Thanks to u Altor.... Great job

kerdiff wrote: »
    A BIG Thanks to u Altor.... Great job

Always happy to help kerdiff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Hi,

I have PhoneWatch on my alarm and wish to just cancel the service. Can I cancel PhoneWatch's service i.e. have them not monitor the alarm and pay nothing to them and just use the alarm as a local alarm on the house without any issues/problems? The alarm was installed in 2001.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can . Simply call them up and cancel all payments.
    They will try & tell you that you have to pay a call out to get this done. This is a ploy to get a call out off you. Simply stop paying them & they will stop monitoring your alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

You can of course also configure most of these systems to phone you on your mobile when the alarm goes off, instead of calling Eircom (and paying for them to call the cops for you)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mbw58

Hi there,

I'm new to all this and have been trying to get some information on the Eircom Phonewatch Simon Alarm.
    I have it a few years, and this year had to let the monitoring go, also I changed phone company and no longer have an eircom landline.
    The problem is the alarm is beeping constantly, and telling me "system phone communication error, also back door sensor battery error"
    Eircom told me when i cancelled monitoring that i might have problems because they need to send an engineer out to turn it off and that would cost €90. I could not afford it so I said no thanks. Since then I have had this problem and it is driving us all nuts.
    Can anybody help, Please, before I end up ripping it off the wall.
    Thans

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need to replace the battery . I will send you the Simon manual which will help you reprogram the phone numbers or delete them.
    Do you have any documentation from PW with your account number.?

Thanks, i'll have a read and see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dooley1234

mbw58 wrote: »
    Thanks, i'll have a read and see what I can do.
    Speak to altor on this site he helped me and was fantastic!!!

Thanks Dooley1234, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 34 awful

Hi, I have just moved house and there is an eircom phonewatch system installed. It is beeping every few hours. When I press system status it mentions one of the sensors. I replaced the battery in that sensor, but now I am getting a message about sensor tamper - is there a way I can deactivate this sensor?

Thanks

awful wrote: »
    Hi, I have just moved house and there is an eircom phonewatch system installed. It is beeping every few hours. When I press system status it mentions one of the sensors. I replaced the battery in that sensor, but now I am getting a message about sensor tamper - is there a way I can deactivate this sensor?

Thanks

This is telling you the spring on the sensor is not closed correctly.
    Open the sensor and re-close it, there should be a spring that lines up with a little pot on the inside of the lid. If it is not sitting correctly it wont close the tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

Hi
    I'm in the same position
    Moving house this weekend and alarm beeping constantly
    We didn't keep monitoring or the phone line from eircom so don't know how to get the engineer code or how to set up to contact my mobile if activated once we get a new phone line in this weekend
    Amy advice greatly appreciated

• Advertisement

Hi
    I'm in the same position
    Moving house this weekend and alarm beeping constantly
    We didn't keep monitoring or the phone line from eircom so don't know how to get the engineer code or how to set up to contact my mobile if activated once we get a new phone line in this weekend
    Amy advice greatly appreciated

The beeping could be down to the phone line being down.
    What system have you installed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement