Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 awful

altor wrote: »
    This is telling you the spring on the sensor is not closed correctly.
    Open the sensor and re-close it, there should be a spring that lines up with a little pot on the inside of the lid. If it is not sitting correctly it wont close the tamper.

Hi Altor

Thanks for your response - looks like you were correct. I checked the spring inside the sensor and was careful when I put the cover back on - peaceful night sleep was had and my dogs are very relieved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

awful wrote: »
    Hi Altor

Thanks for your response - looks like you were correct. I checked the spring inside the sensor and was careful when I put the cover back on - peaceful night sleep was had and my dogs are very relieved!!

Delighted awful, The amount of people that do the same :D

Any other problems let us know..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

Hi
    I'm in the same position
    Moving house this weekend and alarm beeping constantly
    We didn't keep monitoring or the phone line from eircom so don't know how to get the engineer code or how to set up to contact my mobile if activated once we get a new phone line in this weekend
    Amy advice greatly appreciated

The beeping could be down to the phone line being down.
    What system have you installed?
    The eircom phone line is gone as we are getting UPC instead
    I had hoped to use it as a sensor only alarm for the moment but the beeping would drive everyone crazy here

I had hoped to use it as a sensor only alarm for the moment but the beeping would drive everyone crazy here

The UPC will work on the alarm if there is a voice dialer built in.

The UPC will work on the alarm if there is a voice dialer built in.

So it depends on the type of eircom alarm we have
    Otherwise it needs an eircom phone line to even use it as a standalone alarm
    Looks like I might need a new alarm system then

• Advertisement

The older systems dont have a dialer built in. Even adding a bell to them can be a problem.
    What system do you have installed?

The older systems dont have a dialer built in. Even adding a bell to them can be a problem.
    What system do you have installed?

It looks like the concord I saw on this thread
    The house had no power for several weeks so might be battery issue as well
    I would like to have some alarm when we move in this weekend but don't have engineer code
    Can I change battery without it?

I would like to have some alarm when we move in this weekend but don't have engineer code

If you press star button then enter your user code it will list off the faults.
    It can be changed without the engineer code. Just enter your user code to disarm the alarm when you open it. The battery you need is a 12v 2.1 amp. The first batch of Concords dont have the dialer built in but a dialer can be added that is triggered off the external bell output. You would need engineer access to see if the domestic dialer is built in plus engineer access to set up the bell output.

It can be changed without the engineer code. Just enter your user code to disarm the alarm when you open it. The battery you need is a 12v 2.1 amp. The first batch of Concords dont have the dialer built in but a dialer can be added that is triggered off the external bell output. You would need engineer access to see if the domestic dialer is built in plus engineer access to set up the bell output.

That's really helpful
    Thanks so much for taking the time to do all this

That's really helpful
    Thanks so much for taking the time to do all this

Always happy to help.
    Any other question let me know :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Hi everyone
    Been looking through the thread, haven't gone through all 14 pages though, so sorry if I am duplicating a request. :)
    Have the Eircom alarm installed. Got it about 7 years ago. Stopped the eircom monitoring a couple of months ago and want to set it up to call mobiles or whatever itself, also getting battery low alarm on the back door sensor, so my questions are:

Are there any working instructions anywhere that I can set up the panel to call out myself?
    Also, how do I open the Door sensorwithout snapping the casing? Do i need to drop the mains power to the panel before I change the battery in the sensor?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    BG :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

What panel have you got ?
    Does it have a screen ?
    Red lights?

You won't need to remove the power to change the battery since its the battery that's powering the sensor :-)

There should be a tab that a flat head screw driver slots into on the top of the sensor . Gently push the screw driver down and pull cover forward ( the alarm will sound ) enter your code to silence

What panel have you got ?
    Does it have a screen ?
    Red lights?

You won't need to remove the power to change the battery since its the battery that's powering the sensor :-)

There should be a tab that a flat head screw driver slots into on the top of the sensor . Gently push the screw driver down and pull cover forward ( the alarm will sound ) enter your code to silence

This is the one I have...
    11102010174.jpg

Was it monitored by gsm or landline ?
    Do you have the engineer code ?
    Is there a working phone line in the house ?
    UPC , eircom ?
    They can be setup to ring 1 number .

Was it monitored by gsm or landline ?
    Do you have the engineer code ?
    Is there a working phone line in the house ?
    UPC , eircom ?
    They can be setup to ring 1 number .

Was monitored by landline which is supplied by Eircom and is still in use.
    I don't have an engineer code
    There are 2 working phone lines in the house, alarm is connected to one of them.
    Eircom for both
    Only 1 number? :( May not suit, may have to go back to a monitoring service so..... :(

Thanks for the info :)

How many sensors do you have ?
    3 motion sensors , 3 door contacts ?
    Do you have a working bell box outside ( red flashing lights) ?
    If you do decide to go back to monitoring shop around as eircom aren't the only monitoring station that can monitor the alarm for you

You could always upgrade the panel to a newer type and add a 433mhz quick bridge to keep the current sensors
    You could also add an external dialler that could be triggered by the panels outputs . But you'll only get a common "alarm activated message " if you don't have a working external bellbox

How many sensors do you have ?
    3 motion sensors , 3 door contacts ?
    Do you have a working bell box outside ( red flashing lights) ?
    If you do decide to go back to monitoring shop around as eircom aren't the only monitoring station that can monitor the alarm for you

You could always upgrade the panel to a newer type and add a 433mhz quick bridge to keep the current sensors
    You could also add an external dialler that could be triggered by the panels outputs . But you'll only get a common "alarm activated message " if you don't have a working external bellbox

Yep, 3 of each
    No working bell outside
    I didn't realise that about the monitoring, will def shop around, thought only Eircom could monitor Eircom alarms.. :)

My technical knowledge is limited :) But will speak to himself about upgrading.

Thanks so much for you help, is much appreciated :)

no problem :-) newer systems like the HKC range
    Can text up to 16 numbers ..
    Support external 2 way wireless bells
    80 wireless sensors including smoke .heat & carbon monoxide
    . HKC 's soon to be released panel even allows control of the alarm via a laptop or phone . Ip
    .there just as easy to use as your current (ge simon 3) one and have both Voice prompts and a LCD display

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

BadGirl wrote: »
    Yep, 3 of each
    No working bell outside
    I didn't realise that about the monitoring, will def shop around, thought only Eircom could monitor Eircom alarms.. :)

If you are considering upgrading there some good information in the comparison thread between Siemens & HKC here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093

BadGirl wrote: »
    Yep, 3 of each
    No working bell outside

This system can take up to 24 devices. If there was a problem with it then I would consider the upgrade. A live bell can also be added. It can also be set up to call one number and the monitoring numbers deleted.

• Advertisement

Shame it can only dial one number
    There such a user friendly system :-)

Shame it can only dial one number
    There such a user friendly system :-)

It is a pity, the dialer is the same as the HKC one in that it will give you the voice name of the zone activation rather than a message saying the alarm has gone off at your home. Better to know what has activated.

They can also control x10 modules ..
    By buttons on the panel , timers or by sensors tripping

They can also control x10 modules ..
    By buttons on the panel , timers or by sensors tripping

The panel does what it is meant to. I would not be getting too excited re the X-10. It is a dated panel now.

It's a phone failure alarm memory error
    The only branding on the box is GE Security
    We'd be happy to turn it off completely at this stage and get a new system instead
    Today's priority is to stop the beeping going all day and night

Male or female voice ?

Male or female voice ?

Male

Red lights ?
    4 buttons on top
    5 underneath

Red lights ?
    4 buttons on top
    5 underneath

4 rows of 4 buttons
    Looks like the concords with GE Security written on it
    There is a red light on the sensor box above the control box

• Advertisement

I've read the manual for the Concord linked on this thread earlier but can't see how to turn off the sound for Trouble Beeps There is a section on silent arming but this does not appear to cover trouble beeps.
    Does anyone kow how to change the set up to turn off trouble beeps without actually fixing the trouble issue that doesn't involve my crowbar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement