Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Thanks a million for fixing that problem Altor.
    Hopefully that'll be the end of all those false alarms! :D

I certainly will be recommending you to anyone looking for work like this to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome Heroditas, always happy to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

+1 :)

Thanks Altor for your help on Tuesday evening !! Alarm is as quiet as a mouse now. I was beginning to hear that beep in my head when I wasn't even at home !! You certainly know your business !!

Also thanks for the mail explaining the proceedure for setting up the Dialer. Perhaps you could explain something to me about that though if you could ? If a SIM isn't topped up for a number of months the carrier usually cancels the number I think. How do you get around that without building up credit that will rarely and hopefully never be used ?

Again thanks for your expertise and patience the other evening.

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    +1 :)

Thanks Altor for your help on Tuesday evening !! Alarm is as quiet as a mouse now. I was beginning to hear that beep in my head when I wasn't even at home !! You certainly know your business !!

Also thanks for the mail explaining the proceedure for setting up the Dialer. Perhaps you could explain something to me about that though if you could ? If a SIM isn't topped up for a number of months the carrier usually cancels the number I think. How do you get around that without building up credit that will rarely and hopefully never be used ?

Again thanks for your expertise and patience the other evening.

Ken

Your welcome Ken,

Always happy to help if I can.

What I would do is get a ready to go sim, register it on line so you can check the credit plus top it up if needs be on line with out having to get the sim out of the GSM. Some service providers let you top up by €5. If you activate the alarm once every 5 months e.g. a panic, and receive a call from the alarm plus top up by €5 they wont take back the sim number.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 drico1

just moved into a house that had eircom phonewatch - we cancelled the subscription. GE Concord model i think.

my query is how do i now go and change the password - panel is pretty counter-intuitive with no up or down buttons. Any one know how to change the password?

ive tried pressing menu and then putting in my code which is accepted but then if i press any buttons it doesnt seem to provide any further menu type options.

on a separate note when i chose "home" which basically inhibits the internal sensore the flippin thing beeps about 10 times which is all well and good if you dont have light sleeping kids in the house! any idea how to amend this?
    any help appreciated.

• Advertisement

drico1 wrote: »
    just moved into a house that had eircom phonewatch - we cancelled the subscription. GE Concord model i think.

my query is how do i now go and change the password - panel is pretty counter-intuitive with no up or down buttons. Any one know how to change the password?

ive tried pressing menu and then putting in my code which is accepted but then if i press any buttons it doesnt seem to provide any further menu type options.

on a separate note when i chose "home" which basically inhibits the internal sensore the flippin thing beeps about 10 times which is all well and good if you dont have light sleeping kids in the house! any idea how to amend this?
    any help appreciated.

Press 9 then put in your user code. This will bring you into your user menu. In here you can change the code. To exit the user menu put in *6#.

For silent arming press #5 (2 or 3) code.

wow thanks altor - you know your stuff!

do you know if there are manuals online? ive had a look but nothing really coming up

wow thanks altor - you know your stuff!

do you know if there are manuals online? ive had a look but nothing really coming up

I have put in that many I know them in side out :D

Here is the user manual for the concord panel, if you need any more help let me know.

http://altor.ie/doc/concord_user_manual.pdf

Thanks again altor - 1 final query - the manual talks about "system" or "partition master" codes. I was basically given 1 code which i presume is a user code - will that allow me to perform these administration functions?

Thanks again altor - 1 final query - the manual talks about "system" or "partition master" codes. I was basically given 1 code which i presume is a user code - will that allow me to perform these administration functions?

Thats correct, you have the master user code which will allow you perform these tasks from your user menu. If you wanted to add devices you would need the engineer code off the alarm. If you have any paper work off the alarm more than happy to help you work out the code.

• Advertisement

Hi altor

added a user code as you instructed in position 01 - however it still seems to accept the old code aswell. Basically i am trying to get rid of the old master code or at least edit it to the new number - is this possible?

maybe ignore last message - i think the manual explains it (on the very last page!)

Hi altor

added a user code as you instructed in position 01 - however it still seems to accept the old code aswell. Basically i am trying to get rid of the old master code or at least edit it to the new number - is this possible?

What you added was just another user. That is why both codes work to arm/disarm the alarm. What you need to do is scroll past the user to the master code and change this. This menu will only appear when you use the master code to enter the user menu so dont use the new code you entered. Dont forget to delete the new user code you added as you may want this for the new master code.

Any problems let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭joe1303l

As usual, Big thank you to Altor for all his help with setting up my 2003 version phonewatch alarm to call my mobile when the alarm is triggered.
    He knows these systems inside out. Just as well as the Concord panel aint exactly user friendly !

joe1303l wrote: »
    As usual, Big thank you to Altor for all his help with setting up my 2003 version phonewatch alarm to call my mobile when the alarm is triggered.
    He knows these systems inside out. Just as well as the Concord panel aint exactly user friendly !

Your welcome joe1303l.
    It is not the most straight forward panel but I have installed enough to know how to work them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

can anyone pm me a price for a ge simon 3 or simon xt panel and 4 shock/reed sensors?is there an external bell that can go with these panels? hkc/aritech. cant find them anywhere for a decent price!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Look at Visonic Powermax or wait for HKCs new panel due at the end of March.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Look at Visonic Powermax or wait for HKCs new panel due at the end of March.

hkc are bringing out another panel? i just bought the 10-70 panel and replaced my 8-12 with it.got it along with a screened sabb for 200. does anyone one how to set it to announce the zones that are open when going to arm it

hkc are bringing out another panel? i just bought the 10-70 panel and replaced my 8-12 with it.got it along with a screened sabb for 200. does anyone one how to set it to announce the zones that are open when going to arm it

The new panel is called Quantum 70.

altor wrote: »
    The new panel is called Quantum 70.
    wired/wireless or hybrid? when is it due for realese?any pics of it:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Read on a thread, will be 1 wired zone and more aimed at the wireless market. If you have the SecureWave system upgraded, I wouldn't bother about the new 70 wireless zone panel. It will be out at the end of march.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Mainly wireless with 1 or 2 hardwired zones
    There is a very quick view here @ 3:15 (Thanks Altor)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Specs and a picture are in this months risk manager.
    That's not it in the video.

Jnealon wrote: »
    Specs and a picture are in this months risk manager.
    That's not it in the video.

If anyone wants a browse you can read that here.
    http://issuu.com/anndaly/docs/risk_manager_magazine_spring_2010

One wired zone but you could put 10 point ID devices on to it. You are well covered with the Securewave installed. The new panel has a dialer built in for voice which is always handy to have. Out the end of this month.

altor wrote: »
    One wired zone but you could put 10 point ID devices on to it. You are well covered with the Securewave installed. The new panel has a dialer built in for voice which is always handy to have. Out the end of this month.
    wasnt goin to upgrade only put the secure wave in!!! any more vids?thank lads!!:) would be great if they updated the secure wave & securewatch panels to have full voice prompts. is there any way of linking my secure wave to my computer to change some of the audio libary words >>doesnt say ''room'' very well...just a thought! thanks for the help so far:D

also just wanted to ask..installed an aritech siren(red led's) at the back of the house but looped the tamper in the bell because im not sure how to link the tamper in with my other bell..:confused: can i wire the tamper to a zone on the panel and set it as a tamper zone:confused:

wasnt goin to upgrade only put the secure wave in!!! any more vids?thank lads!!:) would be great if they updated the secure wave & securewatch panels to have full voice prompts. is there any way of linking my secure wave to my computer to change some of the audio libary words >>doesnt say ''room'' very well...just a thought! thanks for the help so far:D

You are really asking for a lot hear :D It is the manufacturer who can only do this.

You would need a very good hacker for that...;):rolleyes:

• Advertisement

also just wanted to ask..installed an aritech siren(red led's) at the back of the house but looped the tamper in the bell because im not sure how to link the tamper in with my other bell..:confused: can i wire the tamper to a zone on the panel and set it as a tamper zone:confused:

Very easy to do. All you do is put the tamper in series with the tamper return off the bell. Use only one resistor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement