Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar panels on front of house - planning implications?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I am considering adding solar panels to the front of my house - as the house is south facing. I presume there are planning implications for this? Any insight?

The house is a demi-d on Dublins Northside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Usually planning persmission is required for anything visible to the front or side and I don't think solar panels are exempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

None required....I have mine on front. But I did put it on my planning application when I was doing extension..

From the SEI website

Planning Permission for Solar Panels
    The installation of solar panels in your home is exempt from planning permission up to 12m2 or 50% of the total roof area as per Statutory Instrument No. 83 of 2007 Planning and Development Regulationssigned and implemented by Dick Roche, the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government on the 28th February 2007. Contact you local planning authority if you are unsure of the local planning requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i live in meath and the last time i was considering i was told nothing bigger than a sat dish is allowed on the house front and tec speaking only the chimney for the dish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

i have fitted solar panels lots of times and the customers never required planning permission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Thanks for the responses. I'll check with the local planners to be sure obviously...

• Advertisement
Advertisement