Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget gone, another shop to be left idle in Dunlaoghaire Shopping Ctr.

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Is that the old 2 Euro shop beside/near the EBS? I see that has a LET sign outside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Dyflin wrote: »
    Is that the old 2 Euro shop beside/near the EBS? I see that has a LET sign outside it.

'Think it's on the bottom floor of the shopping centre..?

Couple of things I noticed recently:

Has Mizzoni Pizza closed? I'm sure I saw it boarded up last weekend?

(Newish) Chinese takeaway beside Hunston's also seems to have closed down recently.

:(

On a positive note:

There's a new 'Recession Busters' store opened in the old Cartridge World/Recharge shop at the end of George's Street. :)

I've tried to give new businesses some custom wherever possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Also I notice Jam Coffee House is opening soon beside Marsellas there at the People's Park.

Woot for new shops!

More new shops ahoy! Facets jewellers opening beside the old Halifax and opposite O2 in december. Tiggles children's clothes opening in Nov. where Minnie Peters was. And a new shop opening where Matt Britton used to be in Glasthule (looks like another Carpet shop - woot :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

'Think it's on the bottom floor of the shopping centre..?

Couple of things I noticed recently:

Has Mizzoni Pizza closed? I'm sure I saw it boarded up last weekend?

(Newish) Chinese takeaway beside Hunston's also seems to have closed down recently.

:(

On a positive note:

There's a new 'Recession Busters' store opened in the old Cartridge World/Recharge shop at the end of George's Street. :)

I've tried to give new businesses some custom wherever possible.

Mizzoni's have moved to Sallynoggin for some reason, thought it was an odd choice myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Mizzoni's have moved to Sallynoggin for some reason, thought it was an odd choice myself.
    Much cheaper rent, most of their business is deliveries so location is not too important. As their pizzas are good people will also travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

True that, but i would have thought Sallynoggin as an add choice with both Pizza Hut and Dominos within a mile radius

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Tried out the Crepe place yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Tis about €3.50 for a basic crepe and €4-€4.50 for the more substantial ones, which is decent enough price-wise. They certainly have some nice savoury options around the €4 mark, which is cheaper than the likes of lemon. The staff that served me were nice / friendly too, which is always a plus :)

The Crepe place on Marine road has been closed a few weeks now.
    Next door "The Sweetest Thing" patisserie seems to be doing quite well. Very nice cakes :)

The World Cafe above the new 3 store closed 2/3 months ago (moved to Monkstown I hear ?!). That was a loss.
    Funny, for those who remember Dun Laoghaire in the 90's - While they were renovating the new 3 store, the old shop front of "Musician Inc." was visible for a week or so.

davej

More new shops ahoy! Facets jewellers opening beside the old Halifax and opposite O2 in december. Tiggles children's clothes opening in Nov. where Minnie Peters was. And a new shop opening where Matt Britton used to be in Glasthule (looks like another Carpet shop - woot :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Yet ANOTHER carpet shop opening opposite (ish) Facet Jewellers. I'm not sure what it was previously, but it's been closed for quite a while. It's one of the better looking shop fronts in that area..

Is this the start of a revival? :P

I popped in and aksed them today - they were stocking the place. It is a new giftware shop - opening sometime next week apparently! Good luck to them :)

Tried out Jam Coffee house today and it was lovely - two sound guys running it and the coffee was great. It was very warm and cosy inside complete with leather couch at the back and nyom nyom bickies and baked potatoes. Simple food but done well. Would recommend them!

Wonder what the new shop opposite Facets will be Whiskey? Do you mean the old €2 shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Also I notice Jam Coffee House is opening soon beside Marsellas there at the People's Park.

It's open and looks v nice, but the staff across the road from it in Poppies know me at this stage.. so I'd feel like a traitor or something *lol*
    Tiggles children's clothes opening in Nov. where Minnie Peters was.

They're not clothes, it's actually these guys: www.tiggle.ie - good thing too as that building was turning into an eyesore IMO.
    And a new shop opening where Matt Britton used to be in Glasthule (looks like another Carpet shop - woot :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Are carpets going thru a boom at the moment that I'm not aware of? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Just to let ye know,the Heatons/Xmas shop where Budget used to be is closing on Saturday!

I popped in and aksed them today - they were stocking the place. It is a new giftware shop - opening sometime next week apparently! Good luck to them :)

Tried out Jam Coffee house today and it was lovely - two sound guys running it and the coffee was great. It was very warm and cosy inside complete with leather couch at the back and nyom nyom bickies and baked potatoes. Simple food but done well. Would recommend them!

Wonder what the new shop opposite Facets will be Whiskey? Do you mean the old €2 shop?

'Think I got the jewellers name wrong.. The new shop is almost facing the library and is now open. I'm sure I saw yet ANOTHER carpet shop opening on Georges Street this week... WTF?? :confused:

Produced dirt cheap in China and there's a weighty margin on them here??

Gillington wrote: »
    Just to let ye know,the Heatons/Xmas shop where Budget used to be is closing on Saturday!

It's not even December yet..? :confused:

Any further info?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

It's not even December yet..? :confused:

Any further info?

I know,thats what was a bit baffling,but now they've decided to keep it open!

Advertisement