Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help,not getting post!

Options
  • 27-11-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

With Christmas around the corner I have a problem,
    when I lived in town I always got my post,I have moved 5 miles from town and my nearest village is a mile away with a local post office.
    My sisters have send parcels several times at birthdays and Christmas,never recieved them,they had them traceked and got as far as Ireland,dont know if they made it to kerry.
    Im subscribed to a mag at the moment and a friend from Abbeyfeale got his 2 weeks ago so I rang the company to ask was it sent and they said it was sent 2 1/2 weeks ago.
    I have spoke to my local post office they said there was nothing they could do and dont make notes of what goes into the van for delivery!
    I have had problems before with my post,only because I have being waiting for stuff to arrive.
    Help what can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You should have a word with the postman. Someone with the same name and/or initials could be getting your post by mistake, and that person might not be owning up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

tried that,I have no proof that its getting to the village for the postman to deliver,or whether or not he is just not delivering

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Not good,maybe you should get someone to send you a registered letter,and see how that does?Strange that you are getting nothing.Its not on either.

Not good,maybe you should get someone to send you a registered letter,and see how that does?Strange that you are getting nothing.Its not on either.

Ive had that,he signed it and signed for it and he threw it in the letterbox
    Im getting some post just not all of it.
    by all of it I mean,the stuff I know has been posted from family,that never arrives

by all of it I mean,the stuff I know has been posted from family,that never arrives
    Maybe they havent posted anything....:p

Sorry jokins!!!:)

Is some of it going to your old adress maybe?im sure you have checked that though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

im pretty sure the barcode of every parcel is scanned at every post office it enters regardless of registered or not (i used to do this) How are they tracking it arrives in ireland but cannot say it hasnt arrived in the regional post office (in kerry) If they are parcels your local post office will have nothing to do with it and Im pretty sure the main regional post office would receive and scan your parcel and this would be logged on the system. Then it would be the deliveried by them and not your regular postman who delivers your letters.
    Can you specific, what mail are you not getting? letter, packages or parcels?
    I have spoke to my local post office they said there was nothing they could do and dont make notes of what goes into the van for delivery!
    thats true for packages that your local postman delivers but if they are parcels, you can check here:
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/What+Are+You+Sending+Details.htm#packet
    then as i mentioned before a postman who's sole job is to deliver parcels should be in charge of this and records would be kept.
    I worked in a post office so nearly a year in total and people on my route would always complain about not receiving their parcels and even if i told them i only deliver letters and packets i dont think they believed me and didnt look too happy about it:rolleyes:
    Another thing of course is that the people sending you the mail arent putting the correct address on it, make sure they are spelling is completly correct and in its entirity as if for example your address is "Jane smith,old mill lane, crosstown,kerry" and people are sending it to "Jane smith, old mill lane,kerry" then the parcel delivery guy (or sorter in the office) might confuse it with a different old mill lane somewhere and as you say you have just moved; so the postman might think to himself "Jane smith, old mill lane? There is no Jane Smith on the route I deliver, it must be for the "other" old mill lane"

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddyenglishman

Had loads of post problems here in Kerry . Make sure you have the right Townland in your address .Don't go by the map boundaries they appear fictitious and the post office seem to have their own method of identifying where you live . Check which is your local post office . I have started putting my mobile number on an mail order parcels and am seriously considering putting coordinates for sat nav on the address line .Why the hell we can have some sort of postcode zip code system like the rest of the world i am at a loss to understand . And when i do finally get my post it is only ever on a Monday .
    Another frustrated just outside Killarney dweller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

postcodes are going to be introduced afaik

adamski8 wrote: »
    They really would want to be at this stage...

thanks 4 the help.
    my sister sent big bulky presents 4 xmas,never arrived,another sent a watch as a commmunion present,never arrived

• Advertisement

another time i was heading up the country for a week,I forgot something so turned back for home,as we drove by our house we could see a load of parcels left on the patio!no note or anything left,so anyone passing would have copped we were away and could have robbed us blind,the oe time we do get parcels could have cleaned us!
    btw,the postman know us and we have a name plate on our house,there are houses beside us so its not like we are off the beaten track

ok postie pissed off with me as the mag that was sent(twice now) has not arrived,they are sending another!
    got a ball of post today,all for my O.H!!
    so yer man is holding out on mine I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ok postie pissed off with me as the mag that was sent(twice now) has not arrived,they are sending another!
    got a ball of post today,all for my O.H!!
    so yer man is holding out on mine I think!!

It's a pity the magazine crowd can't fit a tracking chip to it, so's you'll know where it ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

adamski8 wrote: »

we also need to name EVERY road and number every house etc.

and while I'm in mid rant, get rid of those signs that say "Local Traffic"!! Put the actual townland name on the sign instead. They are useless for giving directions: "Turn left at the 57th sign for local traffic" etc.

Whose bright idea was that - they must be a fan of The League of Gentlemen :D

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sam22

ok a few other things that can happen, some people fail to notify their post office that they have changed address or do not apply for rredirection of mail. postman not informed of new people moving into an area or renting, postmen are not psychic, insufficient address, mr joe blogs, tralee, is no good. all parcels should be barcoded and tracable,

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

... My sisters have send parcels several times at birthdays and Christmas,never recieved them,they had them traceked and got as far as Ireland,dont know if they made it to kerry. ...

Your sisters or yourself can also track parcels from abroad on the An Post website. When the website of the foreign post office says that the item has been sent to Ireland, then just go to the An Post website and enter the foreign tracking ID. An Post assign their own tracking ID in addition to the sender's one and you can follow up on the progress of the parcel within Ireland.

P.S. I don't know how long the tracking details stay online, but the details of parcels that I received from abroad in September and October are still available on the An Post website. So you or your sisters could try to enter the tracking numbers and find out exactly where the parcels went in Ireland.

emanresu wrote: »
    Your sisters or yourself can also track parcels from abroad on the An Post website. When the website of the foreign post office says that the item has been sent to Ireland, then just go to the An Post website and enter the foreign tracking ID. An Post assign their own tracking ID in addition to the sender's one and you can follow up on the progress of the parcel within Ireland.

P.S. I don't know how long the tracking details stay online, but the details of parcels that I received from abroad in September and October are still available on the An Post website. So you or your sisters could try to enter the tracking numbers and find out exactly where the parcels went in Ireland.

have done that,
    royal mail can only say its come to Ireland,then its out of their hands.

Advertisement