Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architrave and skirting board replacement

Options
  • 27-11-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I just bought a house and I am thinking of taking out the existing architrave's and skirting boards downstairs and replacing them with something a bit more modern, house is 25 years old. I think this will really improve the look of the house. I am going to start with just downstairs for now. Thats 4 doors and a average 3 bed semi size hallway, I am not doing the rooms for now.

Anyone have any idea on how this will cost me? I know its a kind of how long is a piece of string question but ball park is all I am lookign for. Any help appreciated. I won;t be going top of the range or anything, just the kind of stuff being put in new houses tody.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    Phone Brooks and they will ask you how many meters of material are needed
    Each door will use 10m of arc approx remember both sides and then just measure the length of skirting board ,
    Tell them you are looking for Mdf finish

• Registered Users Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I got skirting from www.woodworkers.ie recently. 169mm x 4.2m white MDF for about €12 a length I think.

Advertisement