Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs being left alone all day and night

Options
  • 27-11-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice really.
    My neighbours have two dogs, they are gone to work when I get up in the morning, I get up at 7.15am. The earliest one of them arrives home at is 7pm at night.
    What happened yesterday kind of pushed me to post this and ask for advice.
    As usual nobody there when I got up, (I honestly dont have a clue what time they leave at!) the guy came home at 2.15 and was gone again within 40 minutes, neither the guy or girl had arrived home when I was going to bed last night just after midnight. I dont think they came home at all to be honest as I was up with my little one during the night and still no cars there. Again this morning when I left at 9am nobody there.
    The dogs are most certainly in the house. I am a stay at home mum and can hear them numerous times throughout the day barking. If I go out the front of my house they bark like mad.

Where do I draw the line before complaining about the welfare of these dogs? Who should I complain to or should I just mind my own business?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

good to come for advice, to be honest they probably (they being the Guards/council) won't do much in terms of the dogs welfare, but if you make it a noise complaint the council may act ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

To be honest, if they have enough food and water and have the company of eachother and they're inside and out of the cold then I don't think it's a massive big deal. It's not ideal obviously but there's a lot worse cruelty cases out there so I don't think you'd get anywhere with this to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Thanks for the quick responses.
    The dogs are kept inside, they have free run of the whole house by the sounds of the barking during the day it can be in the back sitting room in the kitchen and so on.
    I was thinking about offering to walk the dogs whilst walking my own dog but not sure I could handle 3 if it was just the one I might of offered.
    Anyhow once my inital thoughts were confirmed that I probably cant do anything about it I dont feel so bad now about not doing anything.
    However I do still feel for the dogs.

Advertisement