Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granite worktop

Options
  • 27-11-2009 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

At last I'm at the finishing stage with my house. Kitchen will be installed by middle of next week. Wondering if anyone has any idea on prices for granite. Need approximately 6 meters of 600mm wide granite. Obviously want to get a sink cut out of it and a draining board carved in, also want ot get the cooker hob cut out of it. Anyone get their kitchen done lately and able to recommend a good supplier that would supply and fit in the North West.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

While I can't be of any help on your specific queries, the crowd who did my sister's kitchen ten years ago were a headstone/monument company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭PJMCKE

No affilliation but I got a god quote from appollo. !/2 the price of the kitchen company whom we are going with for the units. Hope this helps but we will go with them but we have not purchased yet. It will be Feb before we getthis far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can get a thing called "speedstone" from a well known diy store here in Ireland,costs about half the priice of propper full granite worktop.

Basicly its wood underneath with a top layer of granite.

Saw it in the flesh up against a solid granite worktop and you could not tell the difference,even to the touch and feel of it.but half the price.

You can get in in B n * stores

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I can tell you that it costs about €400 extra to get the full draining board cut into the worktop - we're going for quartz. don't know how much the worktop is in relation to the cost of presses/shelving units. we have family looking after it but we were told the full draining "board" is 400e more than the standard where they cut out 4 lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

We've a quote for 30mm Sinquastone. Is around 6/7 metres.
    From crowd called Nimiger Marble Works Ltd.
    Includes splashbacks, island and the famous cut out draining board.
    €4200 including VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

JuniorB wrote: »
    We've a quote for 30mm Sinquastone. Is around 6/7 metres.
    From crowd called Nimiger Marble Works Ltd.
    Includes splashbacks, island and the famous cut out draining board.
    €4200 including VAT.

Hate to say it, but I got a quote of €1800 for 30mm Star Galaxy which is for 6 meters, splashbacks, cooker cut out, belfast sink, cut out draining board and tap holes. Island is 900mm wide - rest is 600mm.

Sinquastone is manufactured. You could get real granite for half the price of your above quote

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Cool, only got the one quote so far so will do a bit of shopping around... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rodred

reilig wrote: »
    Hate to say it, but I got a quote of €1800 for 30mm Star Galaxy which is for 6 meters, splashbacks, cooker cut out, belfast sink, cut out draining board and tap holes. Island is 900mm wide - rest is 600mm.

Sinquastone is manufactured. You could get real granite for half the price of your above quote

Hi reilig,
    can you tell me where you got your quote from
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭abbey

I can point you in the direction of a reputable supplier / fitter if you wish.....he is based in Roscommon (near Sligo)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Teemac

Hi Reilig, I too am building a new house in the north-west which should be ready to move into by the summer. Reviewing this and other trends, you are a great bargain hunter! A man after my own heart! I would be delighted if you could also PM me the granite supplier. I got previous quotes for a similar project for €2,800.

I would also be grateful if you could provide the UK company info where you got the LEDs and the contact for spray painting. Much appreciated in these challenging times!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Teemac wrote: »
    Hi Reilig, I too am building a new house in the north-west which should be ready to move into by the summer. Reviewing this and other trends, you are a great bargain hunter! A man after my own heart! I would be delighted if you could also PM me the granite supplier. I got previous quotes for a similar project for €2,800.

I would also be grateful if you could provide the UK company info where you got the LEDs and the contact for spray painting. Much appreciated in these challenging times!;)

Would appreciate a pm on this too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joe slow

would also appreciate a pm, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clarelassie

Would also appreciate a pm please.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I know that this is a bit strange but in this forum you may post up the name of the business providing you have no connection to it or promoting it on behalf of anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

The granite came from Egan Granite and Marble in Kilbeggan. They provide a nationwide service as far as I know. Very easy to deal with.

I bought the bulbs on ebay. Its very easy. Just do a search for LED GU10. Hundreds of suppliers on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 granite_man

Hi are you looking for granite worktops? im based in cavan.

<SNIP>

Edit: Since this is your business you should PM the details

Quote Muffler: I know that this is a bit strange but in this forum you may post up the name of the business providing you have no connection to it or promoting it on behalf of anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Reilig - is this the same stuff they sell in B&Q for €400 per meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Did anyone else get a quote from this company?

Advertisement