Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prawns!

Options
  • 27-11-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hey so I'm thinking of having prawns pil pil (sizzling prawns in olive oil, garlic and chilli) and I want it for a main course, so what would you serve with the prawns?

Any suggestions?

Also any suggestions for any other delicious prawn recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Kimia wrote: »
    Hey so I'm thinking of having prawns pil pil (sizzling prawns in olive oil, garlic and chilli) and I want it for a main course, so what would you serve with the prawns?

Any suggestions?

Also any suggestions for any other delicious prawn recipes?

As far as i know its meant to be just a starter or served in a tapas. You could make a few other small dishes and go down the tapas route, otherwise its usually just served with fresh bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Thanks Overflow. I know it's a tapas (the yummiest of all tapas!) I just wanted to stretch it into a proper main course with something else to bulk it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

bread or a good rice dish would probably eb the way to go.

dipping a nice bit of ciabatta into a plate with a really good, flavoured olive oil and chowing down on it is definitely one of the finer things in life. :)

i've always been a fan of the olive oil & balsamic bread dip, but anything goes as long as it's got some good flavours.

a nice rice & veg dish might go well too though, maybe with a few peppers in it and whatever else you like.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Peanut rice maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Peanut rice maybe?

Details please!! YUM!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SHEABA

Brush some individual tartlet tins with melted butter
    Cut filo pastry into squares and brush with melted butter
    Put 3 squares in each tin overlapping them at slight angles
    Bake for 10 to 15 mins 200c gas mark 6
    cool slighty .remove from tins
    Spoon the prawn filling into tartlets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Kimia wrote: »
    Hey so I'm thinking of having prawns pil pil (sizzling prawns in olive oil, garlic and chilli)

Piri Piri

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Patatas bravas - fried potatoes with a spicy salsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

TJJP wrote: »

Piri Piri
    no, pil pil

Spanish tapas dish = pil pil

Portuguese chilli dish = piri piri

yes, they are more or less the same basic dish depending on how you want to make it, but saying pil pil is no less correct than saying piri piri, particularly as the OP is talking about it in it's context as a Spanish tapas dish.

Advertisement