Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's unlocking policy?...

• 27-11-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Iv been after the nokia 5530 for awhile but wasn't to keen on the black one..iv seen that meteor have it in white/pink,however im with o2 & have no intention on changing network. Iv heard u can get meteor to unlock the phone but im assuming you have to be on their network..is their anyway around it? Could i get a friend on the meteor network to get it unlockd for me? I heard you have to spend over 100Euro credit to get the code?..Does that mean you have to have spend 100 on ur exsisting number or after you purchase the phone?

Or..Does anyone know if the white version will be on o2?? I think it called Illuvial or something.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

xlou89x wrote: »

Or..Does anyone know if the white version will be on o2?? I think it called Illuvial or something.
    Thanks!

Is it the silver sparkly pink one your talking about? Wouldn't say its white.

You can buy it sim free to avoid the whole locked situation so you can use it on whatever network you like. One example from ebay: link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xlou89x

ya i only got a proper look at it today & noticed its sliver,but ya thats the one...Do u know if the unlocked ones will definatly work over ere & would you stil be able to use the wifi on it..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

xlou89x wrote: »
    ya i only got a proper look at it today & noticed its sliver,but ya thats the one...Do u know if the unlocked ones will definatly work over ere & would you stil be able to use the wifi on it..?

Yes and yes. If you have any problems, its covered under 24 month warranty like others phone you purchase instore here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xlou89x

cheers Davy your extremely helpful..bein lookin a few on ebay so il get something sorted soon i hope. thanks a mil!

Advertisement