Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking a restaurant in Cork that:

Options
  • 27-11-2009 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

• Can accommodate a group of 20+ people
    • Has good vegetarian food in addition to good regular food
    • Is centrally located.
    Any tips/advice would be appreciated!*

*Do not suggest Luigi Malone's, please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Cafe Paradiso is a vegetarian restaurant that my girlfriend swears by, also located in the city centre on Lancaster Quay. I presume the floods got it though so not sure if it's open any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Jacobs on the Mall is nice and does both good vegetarian and regular food.

Also in the flooded area but most of Cork seems to be so not sure if you have the meal planned soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭glanman

have a look here, good discussion here!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055607372

Can't comment too well on veggie requirment, all I will say about Cafe Paridiso is that it is veggie only, but at the same time most non veggies will enjoy it if they can get over there need for meat. Haven't been there for a while though and I am pretty sure it was flooded last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

glanman wrote: »
    have a look here, good discussion here!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055607372

Can't comment too well on veggie requirment, all I will say about Cafe Paridiso is that it is veggie only, but at the same time most non veggies will enjoy it if they can get over there need for meat. Haven't been there for a while though and I am pretty sure it was flooded last week...

Yeah if i remember from the western road flooding thread someone said that they saw CP throwing all their furniture etc into a skip? Noy 100% sure but id say someone will be along there today and post here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

MAB83 wrote: »
    Jacobs on the Mall is nice and does both good vegetarian and regular food.
    Its consistent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm not certain about the group size but Issacs on MacCurtain Street do amazing food.

You will want to book well in advance because it's quite popular and is regularly packed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Given enough notice, Star Anise on Bridge St would cater for 20 people and could cater for vegies too.

Advertisement