Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a one eyed Cat?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 3:42pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I ask because we have one about 7months old, picked it up from a shelter, no idea how he ended up with one eye but the vet said it had to be removed, then a week later my girlfriends mother who fosters animals, got another one with just one eye. Both where found around the tallaght area. Hate to think what happened to them to end up this way. We called him Saul, if anyone out there is a Battlestar Galactica fan they will know why.. apart from running into doors, walls etc sometimes he is grand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I has a one eyed cat called Matt. He is 6 years old and he has no problems and he is an excellent hunter. He lost the eye when he was very young from an eye infection.

It happens. They usually have a normal life otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I do, he's 7 now and as I type has just jumped down from a ten foot wall in the back garden and is on his way up to the doors of my office where he will glare at me with that one eye until I let him in. He was completely blind when I found him, less than six weeks old, riddled with cat flu. One eye was useless and had to be removed, and it was hit and miss with the second one for a while but he made it. There is still a little scarring on the cornea, but he gets about with no trouble and is the thug and the baby of our three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

as a FYI - with one eye it's the depth perseption that is the problem, hard to work out how far or close things are, also pretty freeky when something/someone comes up along the side of you that has no sight, you won't see them/it until it's in front of your nose (so your good eye can see it)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

yeh he doesnt seem to have a problem with just the one eye except every now and again when he is startled he runs into something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He will get better over time. Nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement