Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky player on 2 Xboxs with the same Sky Account

• 27-11-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is this possible? I'm using my dad's sky account to watch Sky on my Xbox, but I've raved so much about it that he's considering getting one himself to use as a media player.

I know sky restrict the number of computers to 5, but havent seen this mentioned anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Save yourself and convince him to get a PS3 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

AdMMM wrote: »
    Oh so can you get Sky Player on a PS3???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

AdMMM wrote: »

I would but the Sky player is the really attractive thing for him. He has a place in Portugal and usually brings the sky decoder over with him. He's thinking about getting an Xbox instead and watching the Sky through that.

Besides, I don't do sony - seriously dislike them as a company!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Curious about this myself.

We have 2 xboxes in the house (brag brag) and I'd like to have Sky Player on both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Xbox player won't work outside Ireland or the UK it's IP restricted and your only allowed 1 xbox with the player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Frizzaldo

i have NTL in my apt but old pair have sky down the country, could i set up their sky account to play through my xbox? save me paying NTL for a second box

Frizzaldo wrote: »
    i have NTL in my apt but old pair have sky down the country, could i set up their sky account to play through my xbox? save me paying NTL for a second box

Yeah that's what I did. Register on the Xbox Live website with their Sky viewing card and a few other details. Sign into Live on your Xbox and it'll be in video market place.

It works very well :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

im right in saying you need to already have sky multiroom though right? i mean i have sky+ in but no multiroom so it wont work for me?

keithgeo wrote: »
    im right in saying you need to already have sky multiroom though right? i mean i have sky+ in but no multiroom so it wont work for me?

Yeah you're right, you need a gold xbox live account, and Sky with multiroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Multiroom is not required, works for me without. It would have more stuff if I did have multiroom though I do get the skymovies on it which is the main thing.

Edit from Sky Player web site
    Sky TV Customers: For Sky TV customers with the relevant Sky TV Pack, [on-demand programmes plus] live Sky News and live Sky Movies Screen 1 & 2 available for free. Other live TV for Sky TV customers with the relevant Sky TV Pack plus Sky Broadband Unlimited or Multiroom is free, or £9.75 a month for a Sky Player Multiroom subscription. Non-Sky TV Customers: Sky Player subscription for Non-Sky TV Customers is £15 - £41/€18-€60 a month. Your subscription will renew automatically unless you tell us otherwise. Some on-demand content is only available to Sky TV subscribers. General: Availability of content depends on your subscription. Some programmes from live Sky TV channels are unavailable to show online (see skyplayer.com). To watch Sky Player on your Xbox 360 you need an Xbox Gold Live subscription. Minimum 2Mb broadband connection recommended. PC with Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 or Vista, or Intel based Mac required for Sky Player on your computer. Available to residential customers in UK, ROI, Channel Islands and Isle of Man only. Further terms apply. Correct at 3 November 2009.

• Advertisement

cool, its kinda pointless though, for me anyways, unless as you say your using your parents or whatever i mean basically in my situation if i get mulitiroom i get another skybox for the bedroom for free? but then have a third really with the 360. its a pity you cant get a discount on the multiroom because you dont require an extra skybox.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

hi lads,
    I've moved to england and my parents have sky back home. Can i use their account on xbox in the uk?

yeh thats should work no problem, i know a lad using it in scotland!

Just to note, you do need multiroom to use this, i tried it earlier and i can only view a few channels not the whole lot. It says i need multiroom to view most of the channels.

my da has multiroom at home. so i will ask them for their details. what details will i need? it is free if they are paying for multiroom already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

flanno_7hi wrote: »
    my da has multiroom at home. so i will ask them for their details. what details will i need? it is free if they are paying for multiroom already?

If you have Sky, but no multiroom, you'll get Sky "on demand", highlights from premiership matches etc.

The station selection is expanded if you have Sky Sports or Sky Movies on your Sky subscription. And actual LIVE sports comes with a multiroom subscription (again, you gotta have Sky Sports in your Sky subscription at home).

There was an offer of free 1 month multiroom (for xbox live sky player only) - effectively giving you 1 month of all the stations possible if your sky subscription is "all in". If you've got multiroom at home then you're laughin already.

You need you create a Sky.com account, so you'll need Viewing Card number/Account number, and name & address of the person in charge of the account.

I made one with my Dad's Sky account so I could watch some matches in my own house - still go home every now and then for the full HD experience :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just to confirm this. Family has sky at home, not sure if its multiroom or not (think it is though) but myself and sister are moving to london in a few weeks, can I take the details of the sky card while at home link it to my 360 and then when we are online in London I will essentially get access to the sky channels etc we have at home (except bbc) in London?

(yes I am very behind on sky player etc, didnt have any interest until I found out my family's account can be extended to me even though I'll be in another country)

It doesnt matter that the sky account is in my mums name?

What details do I need (So I can test it tomorrow from here)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

What details do I need (So I can test it tomorrow from here)?

Number on the viewing card, and some of the billing datails like name, d.o.b phone number etc.

When you create the account on the sky player site you will be able to see the list of subscribed things and see if you have multi room or not.

As a matter of interest does it matter if you make the xbox the primary device or not? You can only change it once a month so want to know before i do it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Just to confirm this. Family has sky at home, not sure if its multiroom or not (think it is though) but myself and sister are moving to london in a few weeks, can I take the details of the sky card while at home link it to my 360 and then when we are online in London I will essentially get access to the sky channels etc we have at home (except bbc) in London?

(yes I am very behind on sky player etc, didnt have any interest until I found out my family's account can be extended to me even though I'll be in another country)

It doesnt matter that the sky account is in my mums name?

The sky player account is locked to a gamertag on xbox live afaik, so you can't watch it on two xbox's at the same time. If you and your sister will be living together with the one xbox then yes, this will work

The range of channels is pretty limited on Sky player at the moment - We have the full Sky package including movies and sports, HD but no multiroom. Using the free 1 month multiroom offer for new Sky Player users I had access to about 30-40 channels instead of the 600+ available with the real deal. I expect this selection might expand over time.

No, it doesn't matter if your Sky account is in somebody elses name, mine is in my Dad's name.

just set it up there.

wow very painless and it runs brilliantly.

I'm impressed.

Of course I'm impressed with anything that lets me watch star trek 6 at 3pm in the afternoon.

:D

This will do great when I'm living in london all I need to get now is a decent broadband provider while over there and BBC. No need for virgin or anyone. Mostly cause both my sister and me are big movie buffs so really it will be the movie section we will be milking over anything else (though having cartoon network will help for those hangovers...)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Hi all,
    My friend has sky multiroom and he allowed me use his online sky player account. Can i use this account for my xbox?

Also is a 3meg speed enough for sky player/online gaming?

• Advertisement

thanks for the help guys.
    I'll have to wait til i go home for christmas to ask my da. it would take to long to explain over the phone haha

SD7792 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My friend has sky multiroom and he allowed me use his online sky player account. Can i use this account for my xbox?

Yes, I did that with my mum's account.
    Also is a 3meg speed enough for sky player/online gaming?

I had very few problems on a 3meg eircom line. Was able to get through all of the dark knight without any issues but there was a point when I was flicking between the live channels that it told me that my connection was slowing down and I should lower the quality. But that cleared up after a few seconds and went on without issue.

My last question. You cant have 2 360's correct? But what about a 360 and a pc/mac at the sametime?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Thanks.

As for your question i really hope so. You can use 5 pcs on the sky player online so im presuming the xbox counts as one of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

My parents have the full sky package so I used their account to create a Sky ID. Then i added multiroom to their account for €7.50 a month and I could view sky on xbox.

Then i added multiroom to their account for €7.50 a month and I could view sky on xbox.

That was nice of you.

Did you tell them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

smooch71 wrote: »
    Curious about this myself.

We have 2 xboxes in the house (brag brag) and I'd like to have Sky Player on both

I've 2 xboxes and can confirm you can only have one registered on your sky account.

Tippex wrote: »
    I've 2 xboxes and can confirm you can only have one registered on your sky account.

Hi Tippex, thanks for the reply. Will see if I can come up with an alternative for my Dad so - I want it on the XBox myself :o

Tippex wrote: »

Grand so.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Thinking of getting this. skys sports for €7.50 (skyplayer sub) will be nice!

from http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/sky-live-tv.html
    You can watch Sky Player live TV in your web browser on up to 4 computers.
    but..
    Only one computer or Xbox 360 per household can be used to view live TV channels on Sky Player at any one time.

thought it could be watched xbox and the 4 pcs at the same time. doh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So thers no different Ip.address between the sky box and xbox issue or anything like that?

Advertisement