Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Summer Holidays Mallorca/Majorca

Options
  • 27-11-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi Folks:

Re: www.otbeach.com

Having a young family I would normally book through Travel agent, Falcon etc..

Normally going late May/early June, and flights out of Knock seem to be very limited and so have flown out of Derry in recent years.

Now, my question: has anyone ever usedwww.otbeach.com. ?? This is described as "no frills" and basically cuts out the package tour operator...however....

There seems to be great savings out of Belfast to Majorca, ie: circa £800-£1,000, for 2 weeks, 2 adults 2 children, self catering 3*** apartment inc flights out of Belfast, compared to circa £1600+ with package holiday operators from Derry.

OK, its a pain in the neck, and extra cost, early flight 10am out of Belfast etc, and would have to pay transfers from Palma Airport to Hotel etc...about €40 each way. But it still represents a significant saving.

The hotel apartments have very good reviews etc, (the one I was looking was rated in top 3 in the resort by an independent review website).

But all in all, there seems to be great savings to be made.

Any experiences from the boarders? All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Moved to travel and holidays. Might get more of a response here than it would hidden away in the Sligo forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

Thanks for that Bob Car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi...

Take a look at this: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews98729.html

While I wouldn't take everything on it as gospel, it doesn't exactly endow me with great confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

Cheers Dude...U May well have saved me a fortune and a lot of grief...it doesnt make for good reading...

Much appreciated....

Advertisement