Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to help me pick a phone?

• 27-11-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I'm looking for a pay-as-you-go Meteor phone.
    • I'd like a decent camera, but it's not essential
    • I'll probably use it the odd time for the internet, but again not essential. I don't really know what the different specs relating to internet mean though!
    • I don't really use my phone for music ever
    • Price range - €150 max
    • I've tried most of the different brands at one stage or another, but tend to prefer Sony and Nokia because they seem to be pretty much indestructible. (I drop my phone a LOT :o)
    If you need to know anything else, let me know!

At the moment, I'm looking at this Sony and this Nokia. Actually, I'm probably leaning more towards the Sony because the camera seems better and I'm not sure if I'd like a touchscreen like on the Nokia, never had one before. ... what do ye think?

Any other suggestions welcome too of course!

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

They were the two I was going to suggest :D
    The 5530 is newer as you know, but wouldn't have as good a camera. I'd go for the C902 if I were you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

I have a c902 really good phone with a good camera and good music sound but if u dont need these things why spend so much
    The se c510 iss cheaper and the reviews are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

smilerf wrote: »
    I have a c902 really good phone with a good camera and good music sound but if u dont need these things why spend so much
    The se c510 iss cheaper and the reviews are good

Well I'm thinking if I actually had a phone with a decent camera I'd probably end up using it more?

I'm just looking at the C510 now ... I've no idea if there's much difference between a 3.2 mp camera and a 5.0 mp camera ... is it worth the €30 difference?

I mean, I don't want to be throwing away money unnecessarily, but I don't change my phone very often ... if it's a better phone, then €30 spread over the length of time I'll have it doesn't seem very much!

Also I kind of prefer the look of the C902!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I work in Carphone Warehouse, from what you're saying, the Nokia 6303 is the one for you.

You'll be hard pressed to find a Sec902 anywhere these days, and the 6303 is a good all rounder.

3 meg camera.
    Radio
    MP3 Player
    Good Battery
    Great Display
    Slim enough

AND only e99.

nokia-6303-classic-00.jpg

Silver one is the only one you can get really, unless you want Brown or Pink and Black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

brianblaze wrote: »
    I work in Carphone Warehouse, from what you're saying, the Nokia 6303 is the one for you.

You'll be hard pressed to find a Sec902 anywhere these days, and the 6303 is a good all rounder.

3 meg camera.
    Radio
    MP3 Player
    Good Battery
    Great Display
    Slim enough

AND only e99.

nokia-6303-classic-00.jpg

Silver one is the only one you can get really, unless you want Brown or Pink and Black.

Ooh I had a look on the CW site and found this version of it, prettyful!!! :D

OK when it says "upgrade with up to €150 free call credit" ... would you know how much credit I'd actually get, if any?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

That's on meteor only so if you're on Meteor then Happy Days. As for the e150 credit, it's for porting customers. Upgrading generally scores you e40 - e50.

Bring an old banger of a phone to trade in, and get a tenner off as long as it works!

Look at me, promoting CPW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

Well I'm thinking if I actually had a phone with a decent camera I'd probably end up using it more?

I'm just looking at the C510 now ... I've no idea if there's much difference between a 3.2 mp camera and a 5.0 mp camera ... is it worth the €30 difference?

I mean, I don't want to be throwing away money unnecessarily, but I don't change my phone very often ... if it's a better phone, then €30 spread over the length of time I'll have it doesn't seem very much!

Also I kind of prefer the look of the C902!
    ye id go with the c902 so i had a k800i which had a 3.2 mp camera it was good enough but thee camera on the c902 is way better

Advertisement