Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daigo interview on Eurogamer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Good interview, he comes across as a very intelligent guy. Some of his comments could come across as arrogant but I don't think there's a hint of it about him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd say a lot of meaning is lost in translation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I could take him with my Dan any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

"Everyone I've ever played has some fatal flaw. But you know, personally I enjoy being a challenger more than a titleholder. I definitely would welcome a supreme character's arrival. When he appears, gaming for me will become fun again"

My favorite quote, I love this guys confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Interesting interview! Some of his comments may have a touch of arrogance but then again, all the sporting greats have that. He does seem like an alright guy though when reading the full interview...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sagat06 wrote: »
    "Everyone I've ever played has some fatal flaw. But you know, personally I enjoy being a challenger more than a titleholder. I definitely would welcome a supreme character's arrival. When he appears, gaming for me will become fun again"

My favorite quote, I love this guys confidence.

Sounds like one of rufus' long quotes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Doesn't seem arrogant to me at all - He's aware of his capabilities and is speaking in reality by not downplaying it. If I was as good as he was I'd like to think I'd still be my humble, depreciating self much like I am now but that wouldn't change the fact that I was one of, if not THE best, and you have to be able to talk from that height if you want to give proper realistic answers, at least on a personal level.

I can't imagine an interview being all that interesting if he was one of those people shrugging their shoulders saying "Yeah I did alright for myself, let's see how the next one goes..." or "I don't think I'm as good as they say, really, maybe I just got lucky..."

He comes across as a laid back, cool and collected person who's aware of where he is without making a big deal out of it - At least thats how I see it, anyways.

Aye Ropeh, but don't forget : If the ****test player says they're the ****test player, they lack self confidence, and if the best player says they are the best, they are arrogant :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say Dooms Remy could beat him in third strike. I don't even want to imagine how good he'd be if he even played the game before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say Dooms Remy could beat him in third strike. I don't even want to imagine how good he'd be if he even played the game before :)

jaysus no way, he'd parry that all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Some bonus interview questions here, with an interesting insight into the season's beatings final.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/11/30/daigo_umehara_interview_bonus_material_

• Advertisement
Advertisement