Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Stores

Options
  • 27-11-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering could someone recommend a reliable online pet store. I want to treat my cat this year i.e. I want to get him some toys to distract him from the Christmas tree and the new kitchen table! Ah no, it's generally very good but he gets bored easily.

Is there any pet stores in the city centre (Dublin)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

I recently ordered a load of stuff off zooplus.co.uk.

Woud definitely recommend them. Reasonably priced and very speedy delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

+1 for Zooplus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Zooplus it is! Thanks!

Just one more question - has anyone ever bought one of these cat radiator beds? My cat is quite large (heavy) and I'm just wondering if it's something more for kittens than cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

Just a quicker for the peeps that replied about Zooplus.

Any time i try to buy from them it won't recognise the irish address. Keeps asking me to fill the same page out over and over saying the post code is wrong. Any ideas how i can sort cos there are a few bits i was planning on getting the kitties for christmas to.

Very good site though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

+2 for zooplus - never had a problem with postcode? stupid question i know but do you change the delivery country to Ireland? try putting in "N/A" or the County

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

Oh Im a tit its http://www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=32 that wont let me buy anything even though it says it ships internationally.

I've bought a fair bit from Zooplus.ie already. - Great site.

But i really want this http://www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=734

Its soo cute my lil girl id love it.

Ah well though if i cant get it to work il get them sent to my BF family and they can post it over.

Sorry for confusing things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Kyri wrote: »
    First thing I did was change the Delivery to Ireland but it still gives me this error message. I'l try again at home tonight in case its just something witht he Work settings or something but every time it gets to the very last bit and then teh lil red note on top enter post code.

Thanks anyways.

problem with UK based sites is they require postcode, there is normally a way round by either adding "N/A" or "Cork" or "Co. Cork" deoends on the constraints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

When I set it up, I chose Eire from the drop down list of countries. I put my County in the Postcode section. It worked ok for me. You're probably right about the settings in work being the problem, try again at home, fingers crossed it'll work for you.

Chemistdirect.co.uk is pretty good for pet supplies also .

Cheers for all of your inputs, it's gratefully appreciated. If I had the money/room I'd buy it all. No doubt his nibs would turn his nose up at it. He's very peculiar.

Is there any stores around Dublin city centre worth checking out. Wouldn't mind keeping my money in the economy (no matter how small). Not turning my nose up or anything. Just a bit reluctant to use my credit card this month. Once I start............................... add to basket, add to basket, add to basket, add to basket...................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

mollys.ie but they have a shop in dunlaoire as well.

zooplus.co.uk are one of the best value places.

Also Maxi Zoo have great cat posts etc. There's one or two in Dublin if you Google it you should find them.

Or try e-bay always good for a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In relation to the radiator bed, it's always hit and miss buying beds for your cat. I have numerous beds around the house my cat has never used - and sure why would she when she has our bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

have to agree with everybody over zooplus.co.uk

I like the way you get points and can trade for stuff.

The only problem i have is that they are always out of orijen dog food.

I changed to ordering from brendaspets.ie
    I like ordering from an irish supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

There's a pet shop on the quays that has a good selection of cat toys. It's on the south side near the Millenium Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Arcadian wrote: »
    There's a pet shop on the quays that has a good selection of cat toys. It's on the south side near the Millenium Bridge.

I love this pet shop, I think it's call Pet Centre or something like that. They have reasonable prices and a good range.They do a loyalty card scheme. There's one on Capel Street but I have found it very expensive. There's another on Camden St, I can't comment on it as I have never been in it. There is also Wackers on Parnell St, when I went I found it expensive but I don't go there anymore because of their policy of keeping puppies in their M50 shop.

+1 for zooplus, I have only used the .ie so must try .co.uk if it's cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

www.zooplus.co.uk

There is a .ie site but everything still comes from Germany but you pay more when you order from the .ie site. You get everything for the UK price on the .co.uk site. Much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could try wwww.petbliss.ie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

there is also petmania in dublin, santry.
    you can find some good stuffs for cat there, although i find they are a bit pricey - that is why i mainly buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Was sure I posted a reply in here (or the other zooplus thread) but cant seem to find it...

I have used zooplus.de twice so far. It is always cheaper than zooplus.ie
    Delivery on orders over €45 was free at the time, not sure if it still is.

It has prices in Euro, so you are not working out exchange rates.

I dont speak german at all so use http://translate.google.ie to figure out what goes where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 nautical star

I like to buy from Irish Suppliers too,
    getting my Orijen from www.ecopet.ie
    new site but great service and have not been out of stock yet.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Checking out the ecopet one, they've nothing much for birds on it just food it also doesn't say what brand the rabbit food is.

Nothing much on it but it's new so will keep checking back on it usually sites like that improve over time.

lol, I clicked on this link thinking it said "Pet Stories". So not with it today.

Cheers for all of the links. I was going to purchase some items off zooplus but then it got too close to Christmas so I left it for the moment. Now that the madness is over I'll go back and spend (if my credit card allows me!)

I ended up buying one of those "Cat Christmas Stockings" from Atlantic Homecare of all places. I didn't realise they had a pet section. I was looking for something else when I came across it. Anywho the stocking was Irish which was great (as well as being cheap) and my cat loved it! He's not normally a playful cat but he's managed to destroy all of the play toys except for the ping pong ball. Value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭supermum1

just switched from zooplus to ecopet.ie....... Really happy with the service, they do alot of there own brands which I like cos it brings the price down!! It's pretty basic but it's new so i'll give it time!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

supermum1 wrote: »
    just switched from zooplus to ecopet.ie....... Really happy with the service, they do alot of there own brands which I like cos it brings the price down!! It's pretty basic but it's new so i'll give it time!

I saw ecopet recommended on the nature section and had a look at the site. The site is pretty basic and looks amateur. There is also no information as to who ecopet are, where they are based etc. How are payments made to them? Is it a secure site - cannot see anything on there to indicate that it is. Would be very wary of using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭supermum1

RoisinD wrote: »
    I saw ecopet recommended on the nature section and had a look at the site. The site is pretty basic and looks amateur. There is also no information as to who ecopet are, where they are based etc. How are payments made to them? Is it a secure site - cannot see anything on there to indicate that it is. Would be very wary of using them.

I agree that the site is basic,but the info is there, though it's not lenghthy!! It has an address in wicklow for the base, that they're Irish etc. They use paypal which is my preffered option cos your pretty much guaranteed safety!! Though I understand your concerns I and a lot of my friends use them with no issues!!

Advertisement