Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenerife? Worth the trip?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Myself and a couple of mates are thinking of heading to the south of tenerife for a week after christmas. Flights and accomodation are cheap. Does anybody know how consistent the surf is at that time of year? I know there are some problems with localism but there's only two of us who surf and we're amiable enough so shouldn't be a problem there. ANy advice about the place at all would be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

Was there the other week. Stayed in El Medano, kitesurfer windsurfer town with only onshore waves most the time. Best waves in the South are in Los Americas. Plenty of good peaks, and some super long lefts were to be had. Was in 3 days there, first days waves bout 3ft clean but bout 6ft on some sets. Last 2 days there were bout 6-9ft on the peaks and bout 4-5ft on the inside shoulders. (basically breaks like a point in area in front of Burger King). Just be prepared to be patient and learn few phrases like left & right and you'll be fine. Show respect and you'll get it. Its very competitive but if you go for a wave make sure you dont waste it if you want kudos from the locals! Nail it you might get a high 5 on paddle back out.

Any winter front from the azores across to Portugal or even further north will be sending some good long period waves to the islands. Other breaks in the north but bout 90 min drive so will need to hire a car. Enjoy, show repsect & make sure you have a pair of reef boots. Best off to have some plasters & anti septic cream handy on the beach too. You'll prob end up with few scraps and maybe the odd splinter too! Still have a few in foot but well worth it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 welish

Cheers man thanks for the advice. Dereche and Izquierda are left and right as far as I know. Now all I need to learn is 'Sorry for dropping in on ya there chief, please don't hit me'.

Thanks again.

Advertisement