Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REPEATING LEAVING CERT ENGLISH

Options
  • 27-11-2009 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

HI , i sat my lc in 1999. unfortunately i didtnt pass higher level english. i would now like to resit this exam. the thing is i dont have the first clue about how to do this. can anyone point me in the right direction??? can i do an online tutorial etc. ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

You can sit as an external student just 1 exam or the entire leaving by applying through www.examinations.ie . Past papers, answers and chief examiners reports are there too. Closing date is sometime in January I think. €100 ish for 1 subject.

You can get the 2010 or 2011 english syllabus from www.education.ie . Click 'curriculum, syllabus' on the left, then click leaving cert and the list of subjects should come up.

There's great english notes in easons on poetry and the play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

pathway33 wrote: »
    You can sit as an external student just 1 exam or the entire leaving by applying through www.examinations.ie . Past papers, answers and chief examiners reports are there too. Closing date is sometime in January I think. €100 ish for 1 subject.

You can get the 2010 or 2011 english syllabus from www.education.ie . Click 'curriculum, syllabus' on the left, then click leaving cert and the list of subjects should come up.

There's great english notes in easons on poetry and the play.
    thanks pathway33. will look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

1999? Did you sit the old course? If so, you're probably going to find the new one a lot easier. Instead of studying a play and some novels separately, you'll study a Single Text (usually Shakespeare) and 3 texts (of one which can be a film) which you compare using the headings on the syllabus. The poetry is more general, some of the poets may look familiar, but the rest you'll have to do from scratch.

Paper One is very 'doable', answering comprehensions and composing a short piece and a long essay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

thanks deemark

Advertisement