Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperately Seeking Producer!

Options
  • 27-11-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey all,

Brand new (professional/co-op) theatre production company (currently being established) seeking producer (preferably with experience) for inaugural production, please PM for more details or if interested! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Aren't we all! Best if you post up details of your play especially regards payment - flat fee (professional), profit-share (semi pro = pretty much no fee!) or amateur (no fee, suits people learning the trade).

Realistically you might not get anyone here. Try the 'crooked house' website, list in their non-acting jobs forum. Alternatively try filmmakersnetwork.ie they've some theatre producers post there (a chap call Howard Linnane recently advertised his wares so possibly pm him)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dee78

Thanks for your reply, all good points made!

As I was saying in my post, it would be a co-op/profit share (but with all professionals) group at first, and if things took off then funding would be applied for (Arts Council, Dublin City Council, etc).

The reason that there's no details of the production yet is that we're still trying to assemble a skeleton core "staff" to decide on what the production will be and what our aims and goals will be as a group. Just trying to brainstorm and pool creative ideas and talent together first, y'see, so all input and ideas welcome!

And I am also on the filmmakers network and crooked house already too, so we'll see what kind of response we get anyway!

Thanks again for the reply! :-)

Advertisement