Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

venice or rome?

• 27-11-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

going on school tour this year and we have a choice wether to go to rome or venice...

i was just wondering if youve ever been and which one is better!!!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Both cities are nice but I much prefer Rome. More to see and do in the city. Venice is lovely for a couple of days but I didn't think there was exactly much to do there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I've been to both, to Rome on a school tour, Venice independently, and I'm now living in Turin (which is also lovely).

They're both beautiful cities -

But there is a huge crime problem in Rome, it's famous even among Italians. When I went there with my school back in 2006, 17 of the 40 girls had money stolen, or had someone try to unsuccessfully steal money. Even more so than the other European capital cities - I've been to Paris and Barcelona as well, and Rome certainly seemed worse. That said, if you keep your wits about you, have a bit of common sense, it is a bit more culturally rich than Venice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

yeah i think i might head to rome!

so keep my wits about me and i should be ok???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 madnesspersues

I went on a school trip in second year to Venice. We started in Milan(went to that stadium sans siro) and went to Lake Garda(we went to the theme park which was AMAZING) and then we went to Venice for literally a day I think. Venice was TERRIBLE! like for the first hour it was nice, but after that it was really bad. Our trip was entitled 'Venice trip' but we only stayed in Venice for a day.

I haven't been to Rome but my parents have been their multiple times and they LOVE it. I'd say younger people would like it too, especially if you like history and that(which my mum doesn't, but she still loves Rome).

I'd say vote for ROME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Definitely Rome. While Venice is wonderful and worth a visit, Rome would suit ye better. As for the pick-pocketing thing, a lot of it is common sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement