Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating Question

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I'm repeating this year. However, my attendence has been quite bad as I just find I'm so much better by myself. I've been going to the library for the past 3 days during school time and I've done about 50 pages if not more of notes and study.
    I now think, due to my attendence i may be kicked off the course, and i don't really know what to do.
    I'm not happy about repeating but i still don't mind the studying just hate the school part where I'm treated no different to the way i was in secondary school.
    Am I right in saying I can apply to do the leaving externally and just find a school to sit the exams in?
    Also I got 15 points above the points I needed for my course however I didn't get two C3's or higher at honours level just one C1, Am I correct that I can repeat just one or two subjects in order to get this course?
    Any info will help.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Am I right in saying I can apply to do the leaving externally and just find a school to sit the exams in?

yes. see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055753190 for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Also I got 15 points above the points I needed for my course however I didn't get two C3's or higher at honours level just one C1, Am I correct that I can repeat just one or two subjects in order to get this course?

you can repeat 1 or 2 subjects for matriculation purposes (apart from medicine applicants) but you cannot add your better grades on for points purposes.

Might be risky depending on last years points (i.e repeating 1 or 2 subjects) because in a recession courses points tend to jump around more. No reason why the points next year would not be 20 more than this year

Advertisement