Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord humiliated me.what to do?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

i'm polish, i have problem with landlord(woman)one time i paid 50e less then usually for rent, because i didnt have money.obviously i told her that i give it after few days.and she told me that`"ok i wait ,but you must come to my house and clean it up as well, if not you will have problems in ireland"i was in her house few times and i clean her house,she treat me like servant,one time i ask about mop,she respond me-no,i dont have,you have to clean floor on all fours.the worst is that when i clean that floor she walked beside me and show where i must clean better.she humiliated me.i dont know what to do?i scare, that she go somewhere and tell about my no paid full rent,and i will be problems,what to do?sorry for my english.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Clearly she is trying to make sure she can dominate you.

Stop visiting her house right now!!!
    If this is the type of character she is - she might out of spite accuse you of taking something from her home while her back is turned - if you don't always do what you might be told.
    Either way, your putting yourself in a way/position that is not good for you.
    Slavery is against the law! This is another form of blackmail/slavery!

Have you any friends that can be around when this woman visits your place?

If you are legally here (even if not!), no matter what she threats you with - you have Irish law on your side! No ifs or buts.
    You are in FULL right to use the Irish laws to your advantage also.
    I would suggest that you go also to the Gardi and ask to make a statement that you are possibly being pressurised/blackmailed into doing physical work without payment. That she is issuing threats against you too.
    Do this as soon as possible.

Also go to the nearest "Resource Centre" where you are. Ask there for legal advice. They are there to freely help you.
    Don't know where one is? Ask at a FAS office or Gardi station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 slim2009

Biggins wrote: »
    Clearly she is trying to make sure she can dominate you.

Stop visiting her house right now!!!
    If this is the type of character she is - she might out of spite accuse you of taking something from her home while her back is turned - if you don't always do what you might be told.
    Either way, your putting yourself in a way/position that is not good for you.
    Slavery is against the law! This is another form of blackmail/slavery!

Have you any friends that can be around when this woman visits your place?
    no i havent,i got few friends but they live in dublin,in area where i live i dont know nobody,

Again, go to the nearest "Resource Centre" they will help you find others and help in a number of ways.

Connect Family Resource Centre
    159 Money More Est Droghera Co. Louth
    (041)9846608

Drogheda Resource Centre
    7 North Quay Drogheda Co. Louth
    (041)9835754

Redeemer Family Resource Centre
    Ard Easmuinn Dundalk Co. Louth
    (042)9386495

Resource Centre For Unemployed
    30 Clanbrassil St Dundalk
    (042)9338820

Again, go to the nearest "Resource Centre" they will help you find others and help in a number of ways.

Connect Family Resource Centre
    159 Money More Est Droghera Co. Louth
    (041)9846608

Drogheda Resource Centre
    7 North Quay Drogheda Co. Louth
    (041)9835754

Redeemer Family Resource Centre
    Ard Easmuinn Dundalk Co. Louth
    (042)9386495

Resource Centre For Unemployed
    30 Clanbrassil St Dundalk
    (042)9338820
    thank you,what i have to say them?what happend if my landlord renege everything?

slim2009 wrote: »
    thank you,what i have to say them?what happend if my landlord renege everything?

Ok. "renege" ??? You mean "deny?"

1. Go in and ask/say "I'd like to speak to someone about rent and legal advice". Tell them at the centre you are in difficulty and need help. There will be NO bill.
    2. When you make a statement to the centre/Gardi, ask them to take notes (although the Gardi should do this anyway), describe in detail the landlords home. This will help prove you were there.
    3. She can deny all she wants but if you can show you was there (by description of place alone and location) and that no records exist of her paying you, your far better off than she is.
    She has to PROVE that she paid you - if she tries to say this!

By the way - ask at the centre about any local polish communities in the area or polish organisations/clubs/etc, even other polish people.

If you can't find one - get back to me!

• Advertisement

Ok. "renege" ??? You mean "deny?"

1. Go in and ask/say "I'd like to speak to someone about rent and legal advice". Tell them at the centre you are in difficulty and need help. There will be NO bill.
    2. When you make a statement to the centre/Gardi, ask them to take notes (although the Gardi should do this anyway), describe in detail the landlords home. This will help prove you were there.
    3. She can deny all she wants but if you can show you where there (by description of place alone and location) and that no records exist of her paying you, your far better off than she is.
    She has to PROVE that she paid you - if she tried to say this!
    ok,thank you you helpme a lot,i will do this after sunday because in weeken these offices not working i think,but tommorow i think i must go to landlords house,beacuse she told me that i have to come,untlill im not do nothing,i will go,beacuse i scare this woman,hopely everything will end as soon as possible.

ok,thank you you helpme a lot,i will do this after sunday because in weeken these offices not working i think,but tommorow i think i must go to landlords house,beacuse she told me that i have to come,untlill im not do nothing,i will go,beacuse i scare this woman,hopely everything will end as soon as possible.

Have you a camera? Take a picture of the house (from a small distance so that she won't see you) from inside/outside if possible. Just to show others where you are being told to go, etc.
    Good luck and if you need any help further post back here or PM me (click on "Biggins" on the left and select "Send a private message")

You are no longer alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fair play Mr. Biggins.

Have to say that is shocking behavior altogether.

Have you a camera? Take a picture of the house (from a small distace so that she won't see you) from inside/outside if possible. Just to show others where you are being told to go, etc.
    Good luck and if you need any help further post back here or PM me (click on "Biggins" on the left and select "Send a private message")

You are no longer alone!
    i will try.i dont know why this woman humiliate me when i clean her house?beacuse im polish?i dont know why she behave like this against me?

i will try.i dont know why this woman humiliate me when i clean her house?beacuse im polish?i dont know why she behave like this against me?

I'm sorry your being treated this way. It really, really angers me that people do this to others. You get back to us here or me if you wish further help.
    If need be, I (or my wife) will personally go with you to the Gardi (or anywhere you wish to go) if this continues and your treated badly.

You take care.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry your being treated this way. It really, really angers me that people do this to others. You get back to us here or me if you wish further help.
    If need be, I (or my wife) will personally go with you to the Gardi (or anywhere you wish to go) if this continues and your treated badly.

You take care.
    one more time,thank you,i appriciate your help.

one more time,thank you,i appriciate your help.
    Your very welcome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭w123

She behaves like his because she is an ignorant scumbag.

Great advice Biggins.

Some other things though that the poster needs to know

No matter what this 'landlady' says that there is no legal way that she can evict the poster and that if she does she will be down a lot more than the late rent.

I think it could be fairly assumed that this woman is not declaring her income to the Revenue, and has not signed up to the PTRSB.

I would suggest that the poster contacts the landlady and declines her kind offer to be a slave while mentioning the words solicitor and Threshold.

This kind of behavior makes me ashamed to be Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Tenants rights organisation:

http://www.threshold.ie/

I would contact them and ask for advice.

You should not fear this lady. She is taking advantage of you because she thinks she can get away from it. However she is breaking several laws I would imagine and actually she can get in alot of trouble. I would not go to her house again - you are leaving it open for her to accuse you of stealing from her house.

Do you have any Irish friends ? If I were you I would ask one of them to be present when you are dealing with this woman. You should have a sensible friend present as a witness - and I say Irish as she will be less likely to try scamming you if she thinks an Irish person is a witness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

i'm polish, i have problem with landlord(woman)one time i paid 50e less then usually for rent, because i didnt have money.obviously i told her that i give it after few days.and she told me that`"ok i wait ,but you must come to my house and clean it up as well, if not you will have problems in ireland"i was in her house few times and i clean her house,she treat me like servant,one time i ask about mop,she respond me-no,i dont have,you have to clean floor on all fours.the worst is that when i clean that floor she walked beside me and show where i must clean better.she humiliated me.i dont know what to do?i scare, that she go somewhere and tell about my no paid full rent,and i will be problems,what to do?sorry for my english.

That is disgraceful.
    Record this behaviour on your phone (and please, no smart comments from people about this recording being illegal. Its not. period.). And then bring the recording to the cops, or a newspaper. See who is on all fours then.

_Kooli_ wrote: »
    ...Record this behaviour on your phone (and please, no smart comments from people about this recording being illegal. Its not...

Correct.
    As long as a person doing the recording, is part of the conversation/recording, its a legal recording.

REAL PROBLEM WITH NEIGHBOUR(WOMAN)

Cristian.hi i lived in ireland 3 years.my neighbour(irish woman)made the photo me when i was naked in my apartment(just left bathroom and went to livingroom).Next day she told me that she show the naked photo in my area when i live...unless...i'll come to her house and clean up floor on all fours,polish her shoes..and i had to do.I don't know what to do.I scare that she do this,please help me.

Remarkably similar... Look up post history.

Can my faith in the Irish be rekindled.

I don't mind being hoodwinked - but I don't care for this kind where you feel genuine sympathy for somebody and then this.

I'm not saying that the current problem isn't real, but I'm having second thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

slim2009, has this been going on since August 2009?
    In August the landlord had a photo and in November it's over 50 euro. Which is it?

Hope you get the help you need but can you tell us the problem again?

w123 wrote: »
    REAL PROBLEM WITH NEIGHBOUR(WOMAN)

Cristian.hi i lived in ireland 3 years.my neighbour(irish woman)made the photo me when i was naked in my apartment(just left bathroom and went to livingroom).Next day she told me that she show the naked photo in my area when i live...unless...i'll come to her house and clean up floor on all fours,polish her shoes..and i had to do.I don't know what to do.I scare that she do this,please help me.

Remarkably similar... Look up post history.

Can my faith in the Irish be rekindled.

I don't mind being hoodwinked - but I don't care for this kind where you feel genuine sympathy for somebody and then this.

I'm not saying that the current problem isn't real, but I'm having second thoughts.
    i dont know what is that!i lived with many people before,maybe when i logged somewhen in past,somebody write this awful story,many times im in to this webside to get to know about broadband,and others helpful things.now im really have problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Call me crazy, but a quick "Find all posts by Slim2009" doesnt inspire me as to the authenticity of this thread...

Reported.

• Advertisement

mikemac wrote: »
    slim2009, has this been going on since August 2009?
    In August the landlord had a photo and in November it's over 50 euro. Which is it?

Hope you get the help you need but can you tell us the problem again?
    my problem is with landlord,only this,i wrote few minutes ago

w123.
    Can understand where your coming from however if this case is genuine, the person involved should have no problem going to the proper sources others here can advise her to go to.
    They won't be looking for financial help.
    If they do, I'd be the first to report a possible con in action myself to the right people.

All the main person can do AND SHOULD DO is follow some of the advice offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Fair play Commander Adama Biggins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Slim2009 This is totally out of line.It's your fault for missing the rent but her behaviour is unacceptable.
    Can you give us some more details-
    Is she a registered landlord?
    Did she ask or order you to clean the floor?
    What were you wearing when you cleaned the floor?
    Did you wipe from right to left or from left to right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

GreeBo wrote: »
    Call me crazy, but a quick "Find all posts by Slim2009" doesnt inspire me as to the authenticity of this thread...

Reported.

Agreed, and the next genuine case that comes onto boards may well get ignored over this!

And in the unlikely event this is genuine then you have all the advice you need here slim2009

GreeBo wrote: »

Reported.
    i wrote i dont know about others topic,i write only this,many times i logged to webside,maybe my roommates,wrote others topic i dont know,i change house 2 month ago.

baaaa wrote: »
    Slim2009 This is totally out of line.It's your fault for missing the rent but her behaviour is unacceptable.
    Can you give us some more details-
    Is she a registered landlord?
    Did she ask or order you to clean the floor?
    What were you wearing when you cleaned the floor?
    Did you wipe from right to left or from left to right?
    i answer you tommorow beacuse i have to go to work,see you,thank you for help

i wrote i dont know about others topic,i write only this,many times i logged to webside,maybe my roommates,wrote others topic i dont know,i change house 2 month ago.
    Well, do as mentioned above.
    We can only offer advice and sources of other help on this forum for the moment.
    After that, you will have to as the saying goes "take the bull by the horns yourself". In other words, seek proper help from the proper legal sources.

We are willing to point you in the right direction.
    Again, good luck.

w123.
    Can understand where your coming from however if this case is genuine, the person involved should have no problem going to the proper sources others here can advise her to go to.
    They won't be looking for financial help.
    If they do, I'd be the first to report a possible con in action myself to the right people.

All the main person can do AND SHOULD DO is follow some of the advice offered.
    mikemac wrote: »
    Agreed, and the next genuine case that comes onto boards may well get ignored over this!

And in the unlikely event this is genuine then you have all the advice you need here slim2009

I hear you Biggens, but I hear mikemac too...
    It was the post about the domination and the eerily similar wording of the two other posts that got the alarm bells ringing.

Having said that - This could well be a genuine problem, in order to facilitate the op I will happily call the mean landlady to tell her off.

Slim2009 PM me your number - we can talk - and I'll get your landlady off your back.

• Advertisement

Aye, all we can do at the end of the day, is try to point the genuine cases in the right direction for help.
    Anything more after that is to taken and/or treated with caution.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement