Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbing cnut!

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

For the first time ever I got BSOD (on my gaming rig :() sent it to a friend of a friend.

Got it back working , no problem.. until, I check my dxdiag.

The cheeky bastard robbed my GeForce 9800 GX2 in exchange for a Intel XFX GeForce2 MX400 thinking I wouldn't notice.

He apologized handing me it back, "you're a quick one" he said.
    Didn't even deny it, some people..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I hope you gave him a slap the thieving bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Smau5 wrote: »
    sent it to a friend of a friend.

There's your first mistake :)

I wouldn't loan my machine to god!!

But fair dues, it takes some set of cahones to try and pull something like that.
    I hope he got a belt into them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Definitely deserves a smack. Make sure you let your friend know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Joeface

you know in some counties the cut your hands off for that.......and your eyes out of its a gfx card . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I hope you washed the Intel card before giving it back to him?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

That type of thing is disgraceful.
    If you haven't already, Id recommend going through the entire system with a fine toothed comb. Make sure your original CPU, memory, HDD's, DVD burner and PCI cards are all present and accounted for. Id'e even go as far as to change all your passwords and run some spyware/trojan scans.

Don't know whether you've seen this or not.

Even PCWorld are are deliberatley misleading coustomers.

moral of the story: Don't trust anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I'd go to the cops on this cunt to be honest. Bang out of order. And could easilly happen to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Jesus! Exact revenge, somehow. You're lucky he didn't deny it, I've been down that road before with less expensive stuff, but still, he's some "robbing" cµnt alright.

Glad you got it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Smau5

I gave him one earful, he was laid off work so I'd imagine karma has prevailed.
    First people I went to was the guards.

You don't have to be a tech god, I just advise saving/printing your dxdiag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

CrinkElite wrote: »
    That type of thing is disgraceful.
    If you haven't already, Id recommend going through the entire system with a fine toothed comb. Make sure your original CPU, memory, HDD's, DVD burner and PCI cards are all present and accounted for. Id'e even go as far as to change all your passwords and run some spyware/trojan scans.

Don't know whether you've seen this or not.

Even PCWorld are are deliberatley misleading coustomers.

moral of the story: Don't trust anyone

More Murdoch Tabloid television. Utter tripe.

• Advertisement

That may be so but the facts remain. They were billed by PCworld for a motherboard which they did not need and did not receive. I cringe when I think of the multitudes that file into PCworld only to get absolutely shafted from every direction. This is outright thievery. Whether it comes from Rupert Murdoch or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I love the fact that I dont need to send my kit to these kinda cúnts. The ability to fix your own is a great thing.

TBH though its just a reincarnation of whats been happening in garages for ages.

That's a good analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

It's not. Not at all. This type of sh*t happens on a daily basis to unsuspecting individuals. It takes approximately 10 minutes to install an additional optical drive in a computer yet I've seen people charged upwards of €50 for this. This is one of the few reports on Sky news that a) they've actually bothered their hole doing some investigative journalism on and b) they've not tried to misrepresent their findings to suit their political agenda.

It's not just PCs either. Any electronics repair people are being ripped off by so called 'experts'. Once my housemates paid €80 euro for someone to tell them the washing machine needed the entire PCB replaced (and try and charge an additional €100+ for the part). I called bull****, opened it up and found that the main connector from the front panel to the PCB had come loose. All of 10 minutes work again. If I wasn't there my housemate would have paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Joeface wrote: »
    you know in some counties the cut your hands off for that.......and your eyes out of its a gfx card . :)

Sligo and places like? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Smau5 wrote: »

You don't have to be a tech god, I just advise saving/printing your dxdiag.

yeah that was the giveaway :eek:

sparkle-mx400.jpg

geforce_9800gx2_explode2.jpg

Advertisement