Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Broadband Survey

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Sligo County Council and I.T. Sligo are carrying out a survey to determine the quality and availability of Fixed Landline (telephone line) Broadband throughout the County.
    This survey is being carried out to determine more clearly the quality of existing broadband and where the blackspots are in various townlands throughout the county.
    People are being asked to log on to their own PC’s at home (or at their private businesses located throughout the County), so that the Broadband speed in their own area at home can be recorded with a view to having the results communicated to the Department of Communications. It is hoped that this information will influence the Department when they are rolling out the National Broadband Scheme and accordingly improve Broadband quality The finish date is 11th December 2009.

Full details at http://www.sligococo.ie/survey/

I am not a big fan of Sligo CoCo :rolleyes: but this time they are doing something worthwhile which could benefit all of us.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't know who designed that page but it doesn't seem to like google chrome or firefox very much. Make it impossible to use. They should really learn to use web standards more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Chrome, Opera, IE8 all worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

These are my results! :rolleyes:

Download - 0.03 Mbps
    Upload - 0.20Mbps
    PING - 209 ms

Done on the Sligo server.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Sligo County enterprise board are running a broadband survey to get a fix on the quality of ADSL broadband in County Sligo.

They will use this data in submissions to lobby for improved broadband infrastructure in County Sligo.

You can access the survey here.

http://www.sligococo.ie/survey/

You will need to run a speed test and put in the statistics and also some information to enable the County Enterprise Board to identify the exchange you are connected to.

Also if you have not been able to get broadband please fill in the last section.

This will help to identify gaps in the broadband infrastructure.

PS. I am not a member of the County Enterprise Board but I got this emailed at work and it appears to be a worthwhile exercise.

There is already a thread on this at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055753244

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

MOD

Can you merge / delete my thread.

Thanks

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭6r4mad

if we had it in gurteen it'd be great but no we dont so sorry i cant tell you how fast or slow it is cos ye are a shower of clue less ..nt's get the fuppin finger out and sort it out there are people up there to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Gurteen is shockingly bad, using the internet on my g.f's computer up there makes you want to punch the head of the phone companies and anyone else who could have contributed to rolling out the infrastructure throughout the past 10 years.

6r4mad wrote: »
    if we had it in gurteen it'd be great but no we dont so sorry i cant tell you how fast or slow it is cos ye are a shower of clue less ..nt's get the fuppin finger out and sort it out there are people up there to

Gurteen?
    Sure, ye don't even have water down there! :D

Advertisement