Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screenshot / Grab / Capture Help

• 27-11-2009 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure if I should put this Thread in here or Graphics Sub-Forum, but figured this sub-Forum may have more of an all-round audience rather than a specific set in Graphics which, on here may use the Application I'm querying for purposes other than graphics, so I want my question to get to those people as well.

Ok I discovered the Snipping Tool on my Laptop which I find extremely handy to Screenshot, grab and capture a still clip etc., but my question of query is, with the Snipping Tool, is there any way possible or with any other free Screenshot Programme for that matter, to capture the bottom of an A4 page, or basically the bottom of a page that you would normally need to arrow-down to scroll up into view to be dislayed in the current display sceen, other-wise you are leaving out the bottom part of your article or picture when you are only capturing the currently displayed contents in your screen.

Is there some way to hold or pause what you have currently highlighted/selected to capture, aaaaaand at the same time get one of your hands free lol to go over to arrow-down etc. in order to bring that last bottom part of the page into view some-way too to be included in what you already have selected/higlighted to be captured.

Your help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I'd be amazed if there's any sort of program that will let you capture something thats not being displayed on your screen.

What are you trying to capture? Webpages? Text files? Surely you could copy and paste if its text, or save the webpage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 hongler

Confuseddotcom,

I'd do this by printing the active window to PDF. If its an image you require, open the pdf in GIMP and save as jpg, png etc etc.

HTH

EDIT: If you want to capture from a browser, Firefox and IE have add ons that will do exactly what you want, here's the link to Firefox's:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

SnagIT can do that, but its not free.

Theres an addon for firefox called ScreenGrab! that will take a print screen of the whole page (or just the part of it that you can see, if you prefer) and save it as a jpg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Theres an addon for firefox called ScreenGrab! that will take a print screen of the whole page (or just the part of it that you can see, if you prefer) and save it as a jpg.

here's the link:-

http://screenshot-program.com/fireshot/

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »

Actually;

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146

:)

EDIT: Just seen hongler linked to the same program.

Anyone using Fireshot know if there is a way that it can capture pop ups, for instance, lotto receipts or paddy power betting receipts...... as soon as I start Fireshot the pop up minimises or disappears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As a free tool, that does it for me.
    I use other ones too but they have to be paid for.
    Anyone using Fireshot know if there is a way that it can capture pop ups, for instance, lotto receipts or paddy power betting receipts...... as soon as I start Fireshot the pop up minimises or disappears.

You know that if you press "Prt Scr" button, its grabs whats on screen, open "Paint" and paste the contents in there.
    Then save in the format you want.

The best of the best is FSCapture: http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
    Does everything you need. Downside is that it's not free.
    6th icon from the left is the one your looking for to capture everything onscreen and further down, off screen.
    (The one with the page and arrow pointing downwards)

ind1fa.gif

Thanks for the tips,

I know about print/screen allright, but I like to be able to just capture the section I want.....me being fussy:D

I did a quick test with print screen with a drop down menu open and it captured it ok which is great....and hopefully it will work with pop ups too.

Advertisement