Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyy Vodka offer in Super Valu

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I went shopping in Merchants Quay yesterday and picked up Skyy vodka at a very competitive E22.99 in Super Valu. Considering its usually in the E30-35 bracket, this must represent great value to vodka drinkers. It has to be the cleanest most pure vodka i've yet tasted, none of the harshness of nasty after-taste you get with the cheaper brands.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

hmmm i must try this.... is this a special offer? is it in every supervalu?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Stryderman wrote: »
    hmmm i must try this.... is this a special offer? is it in every supervalu?:confused:
    Well my boss saw the same offer in one of the Limerick Super Valu's so i presume Musgraves have it on sale nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

grenache wrote: »
    It has to be the cleanest most pure vodka i've yet tasted, none of the harshness of nasty after-taste you get with the cheaper brands.
    +1, exceptionally pure, and I have tried many "premium" brands. It is ideal for cocktails since it is so pure it will not affect delicate flavours. I expect some vodka drinkers would not like it since it is so pure. Distillation can be broke into 3 parts heads, middle and tails, the nasty cogeners are both at the start & finish. Absolut add back in some of these "bad bits" for taste in their normal vodka, but for the flavoured stuff it would be just the pure middle cut. A sign of a well distilled spirit is the lack of hangover as there are lower congeners in properly distilled spirits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKYY_vodka
    When SKYY Spirits LLC first launched in 1992 SKYY vodka was its first product; its creator, Maurice Kanbar, claims the vodka is nearly congener-free due to its unique distillation process.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=EeD0mCXFyO0C&pg=PA136&lpg=PA136&dq#v=onepage&q=&f=false

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

rubadub wrote: »
    A sign of a well distilled spirit is the lack of hangover as there are lower congeners in properly distilled spirits.
    Had a nasty head on me the last time I had Skyy. That may have been somehting to do with drinking the entire bottle though:p

Great price for it. Will be popping to SuperValu tomorrow.

Advertisement