Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition for Bank Of Ireland to use VISA DEBIT

Options
  • 27-11-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Anyone else want Bank of ireland to start issueing Visa Debit Cards instead of laser or at least as an alternative .
    Could we get a petition going??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anyone else want Bank of ireland to start issueing Visa Debit Cards instead of laser or at least as an alternative .
    Could we get a petition going??

Cant see aib or Boi walking away from laser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

No need for a petition, if enough people write into the customer care unit of BOI then at least your voice will be heard. Nothing might be done about it but at least you've registered your complaint.
    Bank of Ireland Local Branch
    If you're not happy with any aspect of our service or our products, you can let us know by contacting your Bank of Ireland branch. In person call in and talk to our Customer Service Manager / any member of staff. Over the phone speak with our Customer Service Manager / any member of staff In writing please address your letter to our Customer Service Manager.

Bank of Ireland Customer Care Unit
    If you prefer, you can take your complaint to our Customer Care Unit. This Unit is dedicated to investigating complaints and resolving issues on your behalf.
    Over the phone: 1850 753 357
    Telephone (from abroad): +353 1 661 5933
    Lines open : Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

In writing:
    Customer Care Unit
    Bank of Ireland Head Office
    Lower Baggot Street
    Dublin 2

I would suggest you write directly to Customer Care in Baggot St.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ask for a Visa Electron not just a debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Just switch to a bank that does have a Visa debit card if you really want one. I happily left BOI a few years ago and I would never deal with them again. If I was choosing a new bank, I'd go for one with a Visa debit but I couldn't really be bothered to switch to another bank for that reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

Why dont you just move current account to UB/Halifax. Im sure if enough customers left BOI they might think about it. Although, im sure BOI would charge a fortune for worldwide use going by their Laser charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

JJ wrote: »
    Just switch to a bank that does have a Visa debit card if you really want one. I happily left BOI a few years ago and I would never deal with them again. If I was choosing a new bank, I'd go for one with a Visa debit but I couldn't really be bothered to switch to another bank for that reason though.

+1 to that - I wouldn't deal with BOI again, and am really happy with my halifax account and visa debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

What are the benefits of a Visa debit card above Laser cards?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What are the benefits of a Visa debit card above Laser cards?

They can be used online everywhere that Visa is accepted (which is almost everywhere!). Laser can only be used on Irish websites (in general. I think hmv.co.uk accept Laser)

Also they have far greater international acceptance than Laser cards, as Visa is accepted worldwide, whereas Laser is just Irish. Even Laser cards co-branded with Maestro have inferior international acceptance to Visa Debit cards.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ah. Internet Petitions. Always so successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

From todays Irish Times:

The airline said yesterday it would start accepting MasterCard prepaid cards as its “free form of payment”. Up to now, the only way to avoid the charges was to use the rarely seen Visa Electron card, but this is being phased out; Ryanair plans to impose a €5 a person a flight charge for paying with Visa Electron from January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

JJ wrote: »
    Just switch to a bank that does have a Visa debit card if you really want one. I happily left BOI a few years ago and I would never deal with them again.

+1. Would never deal with them again either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paul_Mc_G

October 2010 Bank of Ireland makes an announcement that a Visa Debit Card is to be introduced in December 2010.

January 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

April 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

July 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

October 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

January 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

April 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

July 5 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

The thing is, they say it with a glib smile and without any shame. Whatever happened to honesty and respect for the customer in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't re-open ancient threads..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement