Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts via Steam

Options
  • 27-11-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭

If I buy a gift on Steam is there a way I can set it to wait until Christmas day or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

think you can buy 2 copies and then send it as a gift anytime you want, it will show up twice in your games list.

HL DM did for me for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm not sure. I don't think so. I've gifted games off Steam and I can't remember there being that option.

However Christmas day and Steam will be chocablock. In general it is usually busy (I recently reformatted my laptop and I'm in the process of re-downloading all of my games). I spent over 12 hours trying to download a couple of games and they still didn't download 100%. It depends on your connection and their servers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You can do the following . . . buy the gift, and gift it to one of your email addresses that has no Steam account registered to it. Then when the time comes, you can resend the gift to another address.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

noted.

found a physical copy of what i wanted a little cheaper. At least now I can wrap it :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Aye . . . nothing better than having something physical to give as a present.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Aye . . . nothing better than having something physical to give as a present.:)

woohoohoo!!!

Advertisement