Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drysuit repair patch (Membrane)

• 27-11-2009 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

I have a membrane surface dry-suit that I managed to put a clean 2mm slit in it today while searching from a body (I'm guessing I got it snagged on a thorn/briar)

Can anyone recommend me where to buy a repair kit for it? I found ones on eBay but they mention neoprene, my suit is membrane.

Thought i'd ask here as lots of you guys use dry-suits.

Thanks a lot folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

you can buy glue and patches in most good dive shops or chandlerys. Generally the glues for neoprene should work for membrane WOSS suits. You can also get a glue like aquasure and glue from the inside as the rip is small. Cover the outside of the rip with tape and then glue the inside together and it will be fine. If using other types of neoprene glues you should add a patch for extra strength and security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Good advice that.

If using the "bicycle patch" type of repair remember to use two patches, one inside and one out.
    Then, when it has totally dried out, film it with Aquasure both sides for added protection.

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Went with "Tear Aid" - Did the job perfectly!

Advertisement