Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6700 Classic Wont Unlock

Options
  • 27-11-2009 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

I have a brand new Nokia 6700 Classic simlocked to O2, which they have given me the unlock code for. Ive entered the code #PW+ etc etc and the phoen wont accept the code.

Ive verified it again with O2 customer care, they said try it with no sim card in, try with an O2 card....nothing.

Anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its already unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Was going to suggest that too, usually O2 Bill Pay phones are unlocked. Or is yours PAYG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It was a gift, from someone who had a contract upgrade so presumably it is a contract phone. Its asking for a restriction code when I use my meteor sim card so I presume that means its locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

I have just had the exact same problem today!!!!
    brand new Nokia 6700 classic, billpay phone upgrade, wants a restriction code when a Vodaphone sim inserted.

O2 gave me the code but the phone says "wrong code"
    O2 confirmed the code and are they are now going to email Nokia to get help.
    O2 say they will phone me back on this in a day or two.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Mech1 wrote: »
    I have just had the exact same problem today!!!!
    brand new Nokia 6700 classic, billpay phone upgrade, wants a restriction code when a Vodaphone sim inserted.

O2 gave me the code but the phone says "wrong code"
    O2 confirmed the code and are they are now going to email Nokia to get help.
    O2 say they will phone me back on this in a day or two.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

I'd be 90% sure they wont ring you back. I had a spate of wrong unlock codes from 02 with about 10 wrong unlock codes in 3 weeks(I work in a phone shop), ended up having to send in the phones to 02 for them to unlock it. Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

I have a 6700 from o2 PAYG and they gave me a code which worked ok, that was about a month ago.

I dont know if the shops have the tech know-how to unlock the 6700s yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sml68

EnterNow wrote: »
    I have a brand new Nokia 6700 Classic simlocked to O2, which they have given me the unlock code for. Ive entered the code #PW+ etc etc and the phoen wont accept the code.

Ive verified it again with O2 customer care, they said try it with no sim card in, try with an O2 card....nothing.

Anybody any ideas?

Any chance of that code an l'll try it on mine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Was that sarcasm?? :D

Codes are unique to the phone IMEI I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

Your right, shops don't appeer to be up to speed on this phone.

Before I ordered the upgraded phone I asked in the unlocking shop in dunleary and he said no problem, but of course when I showed up with said phone he told me no chance for at least three to four weeks. In reality he does not know if he will ever be able to crack it, now i'm really p****d off with them.

I phoned another company today to check, "GSM Soloutions" they said that no one could do it yet and that they had been waiting for a "update" for the last 2 months, "phone back in two weeks".

Can anybody help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sml68

Try fm mobiles in georges st in town, they're very good at unlocking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I just got back onto O2, and they told me to post the phone back to their tech centre. Then it will go on the "Nokia Machine" to be unlocked, and sent back to me.

Looking at various sites about this, it seems this phone is part of a new groupr of phones with a new protection system called SM3 (Sim Lock 3). Some sites say even retailer codes wont unlock (as in Mech1's and my own case), others say it can be done depending on what firmware is in the phone.

I tried calling two unlocking shops in Dublin, and at the first mention of the phone, they both said "Nope, currently CANNOT be done". One of the guys actually told me the retailer codes wont work also.

So off to the post office tomorrow, just have to admit defeat on this one guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alinka

flickerx wrote: »
    I have a 6700 from o2 PAYG and they gave me a code which worked ok, that was about a month ago.

I dont know if the shops have the tech know-how to unlock the 6700s yet.
    Hi, can you say me how to unlock Noika 6700 form O2.??? tahnk you

alinka wrote: »
    Hi, can you say me how to unlock Noika 6700 form O2.??? tahnk you

Put €150 topup on your account.

If you are a billpay customer, just ring and ask for the NAC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 rexton270

Hi guys,
    got this Nokia 6700 and is a disaster!!!! Wanted to change product code to get rid of operator branding and NSS was helpless :(
    Then used Phoenix and it was done in 20 sec. :)
    However the issue with unlock codes are common. It is not possible for now to unlock it other way than getting NAC from your operator. So beware scammers who promising unlock!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zygis23

Hello, Maybe can you help me? I bought Nokia 6700 classic in o2 Ireland. Now i want to use it with another sim card, not o2, because I don`t live in Ireland. When i insert another sim card, i see words phone restricted and the please enter restriction key. How i can get that key? Sorry for my bad english:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zygis23

Maybe there is another way to do it? Because i don`t live in Ireland and i don`t have enough on credit. Maybe i can pay for it through PayPal? :)

zygis23 wrote: »
    Maybe there is another way to do it? Because i don`t live in Ireland and i don`t have enough on credit. Maybe i can pay for it through PayPal? :)

If you dont have enough for credit, email o2, or use their forum. Paying anyone online will just be taking your money for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

hi,
    recently bought a 6700 on an O2upgrade and planned on giving it to the misses for her bday but she's on meteor so need to get it unlocked.

i've rang O2 for the NAC code to unlock it but they say up to 14days to get it back.

from the previous posts i see that alot of ppl where told by shops "not at the moment","in a couple of weeks" etc just wondering if anyone has found a shop in dublin that has been able to unlock the 6700 for them???

cheers.

Yes, they can be unlocked but it will cost around €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

suppose she might be worth it!!!! where abouts is this overpriced establishment you speak off???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DaithiL

Hi Guys,

i work in a phone store (not O2) and get unlock codes daily for people. 9 times out of ten they do work! (even in 6700 classics & slides.) The odd time we do get the wrong codes from suppliers (Nokia/Samsung etc.) which means we'd have to send the phone up to our head offices too. :(

as for getting unlock codes from the retailer, you should be able to unlock a brand new phone once you have enough spend on your account. You usually get an unlock code every €130 spent. Bill pay or Credit.

Advertisement