Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xmas Present Help

• 27-11-2009 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm looking for advice on the best tackle shops in Dublin City. I want to buy my Dad a new set of lures for Xmas. He's big into lake fishing, especially Pike.

Any help you could give me would be great!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭treborm

Try Henrys Tackle store near Croke Park very friendly and loads of good advice on offer, only problem is i always end up spending too much,
    You could also try online a place like http://www.harrissportsmail.com/ alot more to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

You could also order them from the States. Try Cabelas (www.cabelas.com) - cheaper than here and a much better selection than any tackle shop I've been in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You may not receive items from the US in time for Xmas.
    Try:
    Henry's Tackle north city centre
    Southside Angling south city (Cork St)
    Rorys Fishing Tackle south city centre (Temple Bar)
    or
    Tallaght Rod n Gun Castletimon SC off the Greenhills Road

All have a good selection of the stuff that matters.

Lures of 4 to 7 inches in length are about right, though be warned the total replica lures are shocking expensive.

Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

unknown waters when giving lures - might be better giving the Dad a voucher for one of the shops (better value after Christmas with shop sales)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

You could also order them from the States. Try Cabelas (www.cabelas.com) - cheaper than here and a much better selection than any tackle shop I've been in.

got loads of stuff of Cabelas and find them excellent. generally postage does not take longer than a week to ten days. it depends upon 1 what you are buying and 2 whether they have it in stock or not. Watch out for the duty on larger items.

• Advertisement
Advertisement