Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks and Spencer Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Just thinking about this, does anyone know if there is some random EU law that M&S are breaking by delivering all over the EU but not to Ireland??

Grasping at straws here...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

You'll notice the UK isn't listed either. The majority of the countries listed as deliverable have limited or no coverage by M&S, as opposed to Ireland and the UK who have a good few stores. I agree it'd be handy if they delivered here, but I'd argue that nobody in Ireland is much more than an hour's drive to one. I think it's actually supposed to be a present service rather than a Tesco-esque grocery delivery thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I think Captain Flaps is right here, there's no delivery in Poland, and there are stores there too. Really pissed me off as need to get M&S stuff to a friend in Poland without physically going to an M&S store :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Couldn't they go to one so? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Couldn't they go to one so? :P
    Hehe no, we're both living in the countryside miles from one without cars! And we're both trying to get our research projects done asap so can't even leave the lab during the day for a few hours :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Not "Rip off Ireland", more rip off M&S.

You'll notice the UK isn't listed either. The majority of the countries listed as deliverable have limited or no coverage by M&S, as opposed to Ireland and the UK who have a good few stores. I agree it'd be handy if they delivered here, but I'd argue that nobody in Ireland is much more than an hour's drive to one. I think it's actually supposed to be a present service rather than a Tesco-esque grocery delivery thing.

They do deliver within the UK actually, as ive ordered from them and had it delivered to a UK mailbox i used while living in the UAE, and even the cost of delivery within the UK and then shipping down to UAE cost me less than buying in the stores in Ireland when im home.
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/Delivery-Services-Charges-Summary-Delivery-services-Charges-Despatch-Delivery-Help/b/46853031?ie=UTF8&intid=gft_delivery-charges

Its not a present service, anything available in the stores in the UK is available to buy online, the only reason they dont deliver here is due to the fact that they make so much money in the Irish stores by overcharging us by 25%, and they dont want to lose that by offering us access to the online store.
    So i would say its definitely a Rip Off Ireland topic

edited to add, im talking about M&S clothes and not grocery delivery. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puheen

M&S are truely thiefing b**stards their staff should be wearing balaclavas !

Was in the store in Blanchardstown the other day with her good self, they had forgot to remove some of the sterling prices when they had put the euro price stickers on.

I absolutely lost it at the price difference £25 to €37.50 , £16.5 to €27 these are but a few to mention. Her good self had to nearly drag me from the shop before i went beserk at one of the managers.

They aught to be ashamed of themselves with this policy of absolutly screwing the Irish public.

No wonder their Irish stores are their best performing.

C**ts !

While we all understand that rent, wages etc in the Rep are higher than the UK and NI, many of these companies are really pulling the p*ss now and taking us for a ride with the amount they are overcharging us...seems we are they only way they can keep their profits up! :mad::mad:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6917504.ece

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

puheen wrote: »
    M&S are truely thiefing b**stards their staff should be wearing balaclavas !

Was in the store in Blanchardstown the other day with her good self, they had forgot to remove some of the sterling prices when they had put the euro price stickers on.

I absolutely lost it at the price difference £25 to €37.50 , £16.5 to €27 these are but a few to mention. Her good self had to nearly drag me from the shop before i went beserk at one of the managers.

They aught to be ashamed of themselves with this policy of absolutly screwing the Irish public.

No wonder their Irish stores are their best performing.

C**ts !

Who is "her good self"?

*mind boggles*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I did a search to see if anyone else had posted about this. I'm so mad that have done this.

I've ordered from M&S online before and got it no problem. I put an order in last week (that was accepted!), they sent me a confirmation mail and then one to say the items had been dispatched. The money was deducted from my Credit Card. Then I got an e-mail to say they were stopped at their south east depot as they are no longer delivering to Southern Ireland.

I rang their help line immediately and got some poor kid who didn't really know what was going on. He said they'd received a memo about a month ago to day deliveries to Southern Ireland were stopped. He actually said I don't know why they've stopped it but I suspect it's because the prices online are better!! (too fecking right)

So I've sent them an e-mail to say I'm really disgusted about their "Customer Service" here and just before Christmas too.

From a Customer Service point of view, if you are going to stop providing this service to Southern Ireland then you need to set up an online service for Ireland. Yes the prices are better (and I actually found a discount coupon too!!) but sometimes you can't get the items in the shops here, that's why I've ordered online in the past also.

The only way we can really do something about this is to stop buying things in M&S in the Republic. Seriously, that is the only language they will understand.

I'll wait till my next trip up north before I buy anything!!

So you could order for delivery to ROI until recently??

How did you manage that? Ive never tried it as i was living in the UAE so used a UK mailbox, but i thought that they never delivered to ROI at all?!

This makes it even more outrageous!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I have emailed them also, and got this back;

Thanks for contacting us about delivery to the Ireland.

I was sorry to hear that you’re not happy with our delivery service. I’ve passed your comments to our Planning Team, who are always keen to hear any feedback and suggestions from our customers so we can improve our service. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I've also listed some information on our international delivery.

And then just all the info from their site about delivery, but ive heard nothing back from any "Planning Team"!!
    :mad::mad:

I think its time to Talk to Joe!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Cherrycola wrote: »
    So you could order for delivery to ROI until recently??

How did you manage that? Ive never tried it as i was living in the UAE so used a UK mailbox, but i thought that they never delivered to ROI at all?!

This makes it even more outrageous!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I have emailed them also, and got this back;

Thanks for contacting us about delivery to the Ireland.

I was sorry to hear that you’re not happy with our delivery service. I’ve passed your comments to our Planning Team, who are always keen to hear any feedback and suggestions from our customers so we can improve our service. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I've also listed some information on our international delivery.

And then just all the info from their site about delivery, but ive heard nothing back from any "Planning Team"!!
    :mad::mad:

I think its time to Talk to Joe!! :D:D

Yes, but unofficially. You entered your address as normal and then in the post code you put Eire. I'd gotten quite a few things from them online in the past.

Next are the same, they've stopped it too. Last year I ordered my furniture from Next.co.uk and saved about 600 euro, no joking!

I think it is time to talk to Joe!!

Advertisement