Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT SMOKE TEST????

• 27-11-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭

Failed the Nct today because the car has to much oil in it and seemingly to do the "smoke test"(Emission test) as they call it the car has to be reved very hard and to much oil could do damage.
    Was told to go and and have oil removed and come back for a retest.
    I don't like the sound of this as i would never rev the car that hard.
    Sounds to me like they could do damage.Where do i stand if they do?
    Has anyone else heard of this before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The fact that you have too much oil in it would be worrying me more than anyone revving the car! It could be more detrimental than any revving of the engine

The car will be perfectly fine being revved for the test, they dont even get anywhere near the limiter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Thanks for the swift reply.I've just bought the car in the UK.
    Low milage diesel Mondeo.Drives very well,did 600 miles last week in it.
    Hopefully they put to much oil in by mistake and not for some other reason.
    Car has FSH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Did you actually check to see how much extra oil is in it? I would get the extra taken out ASAP before I drove the car too much further as it can do damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

draffodx wrote: »
    The car will be perfectly fine being revved for the test, they dont even get anywhere near the limiter

Its a diesel Mondeo so yes it will be revved to the red line or very close to it, all diesels are for the NCT test.

Advertisement