Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Schedule

Options
  • 27-11-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey im thinkin of doin Arts in nuim next year but id just like to know what the schedule is like.Like how many hours a week and how they days are broken down too and the hours per day.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Well in first year you pick three subjects, and generally you have about 4 hours of lectures a week for each one. On top of that you have tutorials/labs and so on.

You probably will have about 15 or 16 hours a week, but it does depend on what subjects you do. I think languages tend to have more hours.

I know in first year I had Fridays off, but that was due to what I picked. You shouldn't have any more than 3 or 4 classes a day though :) doing arts means lots of free time! Which should be spent studying and reading of course :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I'm a first arts, and have about 18 hours with all my tutorials and stuff added in, but it just happened I have that many, the average arts student has 12 hours of lectures then labs/tutorials added after.
    You could look up the timetable on the nuim website and see how your timetable would work out. But being an arts student you will have many MANY hours off, it reall is inevitable :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Hey thanks guys.I was lookin for a timetable on the website but i couldnt find one?!Could u post a link or the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Doodle53 wrote: »
    Hey thanks guys.I was lookin for a timetable on the website but i couldnt find one?!Could u post a link or the likes?

http://www.nuim.ie/timetable/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

banquo wrote: »
    It's that time of year again :)

*Coughs* :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement