Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD open day timetable

Options
  • 27-11-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Anyone find the Open Day timetable anywhere? It aint on the website atm...slightly worried cos I need to book train tickets...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

They are on the ucd website, but seperated by school.

Go to the main page, click on schools/colleges in the left bar, choose yours.

When you getinto that there should be an events link about events on in the school.
    Put the calender to december and the open day should come up in the middle of the page.
    Go into that, it should have the events specific to that school/college of ucd on the 4th and 5 th including times..

Heres the business ones in case your interested:)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Could someone find the link for the arts talks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Ditto for Health Sciences and General Science. So far not impressed with UCD and organising...

I'm completely lost...where the Health sciences timetable?

I emailed them during the week and I still have nothing back on the timetables!! Sorta panicing atm... You think they'd be able to sort a timetable out being the largest university in the country and all like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Woah do we have to book it if we want to go to the open day?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Madness!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

eVeNtInE wrote: »

I didn't last year. Just turned up at the lecture theatres whenever the talks were scheduled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I didn't last year. Just turned up at the lecture theatres whenever the talks were scheduled for.

I think it's different this year, there's some notice on the website saying you have to book.

As a UCD student I do attend to just show up at one of the Engineering talks.......

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »

I doubt they will tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

thats a pain. i went last year and just walked in to the talk i wanted to go to. is it not just schools that have to book?like a big group?

I booked Thursday :p but it's really stupid like... Still cannot find the timetable!

Why would they be checking to see who's going into the talks?:p Incase any of us decide to blow the place up or something? :p

If any kind person has found the timetable would they please post links?:D I will be forever grateful :D and I'm sure everyone else here would be too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

how do you book it? like do you email them or something? this is all very complicated!! want to go to the veterinary talk or whatever its called so do i book for that or UCD in general? if that makes any sense! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I booked too but I really dont think you need to. I got nothing to say I had booked and I doubt anyone will mark all those people off a list. Im also getting a bit worried about the lack of timetable. It happens that im interested in business which has been given but im going with a friend who wants to do medcine.

Ok is it free to book it?

ya it is! figured out how to do it last nite! just go on their website fill in a few details; name email courses your interested in etc and thats it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

Fad wrote: »
    I doubt they will tbh.
    I agree with you 100000000000000000000% Fad, they really do not care that much to be bothered checking people.

hmmmm Dont know if its even worth going in for now! Only talk Im really interested in there is 'Discovering Science' and maybe Biomedical engineering but there an hour apart!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Did anyone go to this today? Were you required to book?

I went to the Engineering talks and heard nothing about booking whatsoever.

Im gonna go in the morning,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

When I walked into the entrance of the O'Reilly Hall they said all people who had booked go one way, and people who hadn't go sign something... I just walked straight in. No one questioned anything... :)

i had booked but if i hadnt it wouldnt have mattered because they wouldnt have known!! :rolleyes: suppose they want rough numbers attending or something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

What did people think of today??

Went up Friday and in terms of the UCD campus, I am not impressed at all :cool: It was ok overall but I'm leaning to staying within Cork/Limerick/Galway more after Friday now...

• Advertisement

Went up Friday and in terms of the UCD campus, I am not impressed at all :cool: It was ok overall but I'm leaning to staying within Cork/Limerick/Galway more after Friday now...

:eek:

(Fairly confident I'm alone in this)

I love the UCD campus :confused:

Advertisement