Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD open day timetable

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

i like it too! :D overall anyway! there were a few things i didnt like but they were only small things!
    was up there during the summer and hated it! but when theres actually people there its completley different:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I actually liked it too, before i always thight no cos like its so big and kinda a cold vibe but its actually not that big....the only downside is thers steps everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Went up Friday and in terms of the UCD campus, I am not impressed at all :cool: It was ok overall but I'm leaning to staying within Cork/Limerick/Galway more after Friday now...
    `
    Im the very same. The campus didnt have a good feel to it, cant really say why. Im very much considering UL at the minute.
    Enjoyed yesterday all the same, informative lectures with staff who knew their stuff( not like some other open days ive gone to). Student ambassadors couldnt have been more helpful if they tried to be which made things easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I went on Friday and the talks were packed. I went to the morning engineering one and it was ok but decided to stay for the graduate perspective of engineering which was better than the actual engineering talk because the law talk I wanted to go was after it in the same lecture theatre and as the lecture finished the place go packed for the law talk and it was full with people sitting on the aisle and I left early to try to get to the arts talk and there was about 35 people outside that couldn't get into the talk and while going to the theatre, I went by the big lecture theatre and it was empty, why couldn't some of the talks taken place in there. Terrible organisation by UCD.

• Advertisement

Saturday was probably the better day to go on, as it was less busy. Yet they had less lectures on that day, which was silly. They should have had the same number, or less on Friday and more on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Science talk on Saturday wasn't half as full as I thought it would be! Law one was kinda IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

The engineering talk on Saturday was so crappy. The guy said he'd literally just say the names of each of the types of engineering as he didn't have enough time to go over them properly. Yet when he got to his discipline he went on and on and on. It was in a bigger lecture theatre than on Friday, but there were fewer people according to the lecturer guy.

It was a bit of a waste of time tbh.

Advertisement