Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New apartments

Options
  • 27-11-2009 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Anyone have details of new apartments beside St Davids school, great place to live, looking at them today but although a couple are a bit too close to school, few others look great, have looked at sellers site but nothing on it for these apartments, wondering what the prices are like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

whats the name of the apartments/website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

The apartments are called Mariners View and the estate agent is Wicklow Homes, although they dont have anything on their website about them, they on daft.ie for rent. Just curious about price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

The Guide wrote: »
    The apartments are called Mariners View and the estate agent is Wicklow Homes, although they dont have anything on their website about them, they on daft.ie for rent. Just curious about price!

Rent i saw was 1800 for 3 bed apartmt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Osvaldoc

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Rent i saw was 1800 for 3 bed apartmt!

These are bubble level rents. Do these people not realise that we are currently in the biggest recession in the history of the State and rents (like property prices) are falling and falling and falling......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Osvaldoc wrote: »
    These are bubble level rents. Do these people not realise that we are currently in the biggest recession in the history of the State and rents (like property prices) are falling and falling and falling......

Tell you whats getting on my nerves at the moment... people on TV referring to the recession as if its over!

Just cos a few bankers (oops misspelling there) are drinking champers again everything is hunky dory.

• Advertisement

If you actually see them you will really see that the rent is way over the top, they are small, and are so close to the school,
    In a great place though, and really in the centre of things, one thing that would worry me is that the piece of ground at the back of them (facing the sea), would a big house go there eventually and then the apartment would be overshadowed completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Mightn't seem like a great location if you spent a winter down there.

Ye I see your point, bit on the wild side weatherwise I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Actually its lovely down there in the winter. 90% of the weather in Greystones comes from the West and south. Days like last Sunday are actually fairly rare. (and anyway the spectacle makes any window washing well worthwhile!) The other concern- of something being built in front of them -would be much more significant!

Dont think it matters where you live with the recent weather, convenience would be a huge factor on these apartments, but the land would be my concern too. I would hate to buy and then be completely enclosed and the view would be gone too which would be the selling point I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

The Guide wrote: »
    Dont think it matters where you live with the recent weather, convenience would be a huge factor on these apartments, but the land would be my concern too. I would hate to buy and then be completely enclosed and the view would be gone too which would be the selling point I would imagine.

The land wouldn't be my concern, the sea would. Global warning rising sea levels. The view wouldn't be gone you'd be the view. .

Advertisement