Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bumper removal and law

• 27-11-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it is illegal to drive a car with part of the body, the bumper an underneath the bumper, removed.

I do not know the correct term and so have difficulty phrasing this. Sorry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If it renders the vehicle unroadworthy then yes. I would consider the absence of bumpers or framework to be dangerous to other road users in the event of an accident.

Not having bumpers would also mean the number plate would have to be mounted in a non-standard fashion and there may be changes to the lights/indicators depending on the design of the car.

The car would have to be stopped by a Garda intent on taking action however and this is most unlikely.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭KC JONES

If it renders the vehicle unroadworthy then yes. I would consider the absence of bumpers or framework to be dangerous to other road users in the event of an accident.

'cptr
    Thanks i cannot really say it was unroadworthy but a large section of the front and back was missing. What is that part called?It did have a number plate and i took the part i could remember. why do you say the garda would not take action

Advertisement