Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order for mattress delayed by a month ,refund possible?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Quick one guys,recently ordered a mattress with a well known store specifically because it was to be delivered before Christmas.we get a call today to sY the container has been delayed and now they don't expect shipment til end of January.we asked for a refund of our deposit but were flatly refused,the best they could offer was a credit note.
    What am I entitled to here before I go In and talk to them.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Paying a deposit isn't quite the same as buying a product, it does put both parties in a contract though. If the other side is not holding their end of the deal, then you should be entitled to a refund. May depend on what, if anything, you have in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

This would be regarded as an unreasonable delay and therefore you are entitled to a full refund of your deposit.

A delay of a couple of weeks is acceptable, but as the maximum time a container takes to get from china to dublin is 35 days, a delay of 2 months suggest that you are being fobbed off.

What brand of mattress is it? - you may find its made in UK or even Ireland!

Inform them that you are looking for a refund within 7 days or you will take small claims case - alternatively if you paid by credit card, commence a charge back with the CC company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

thanks guys, Ill go in today and speak to them. appreciate the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

bobmeaney wrote: »
    Quick one guys,recently ordered a mattress with a well known store specifically because it was to be delivered before Christmas.we get a call today to sY the container has been delayed and now they don't expect shipment til end of January.we asked for a refund of our deposit but were flatly refused,the best they could offer was a credit note.
    What am I entitled to here before I go In and talk to them.
    Thanks

what brand of mattress was it by the way?

Advertisement