Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw

Options
  • 27-11-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Any reviews on the above game? Thinking of buying it & looking for people's opinions who have played the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not a review. Moving to Games forum (since its also an xbox game).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I haven't heard anything about it, I didn't even know that there was a game, but my gut instinct is that it is a festering pile of ****, just like every film after the first one...

/edit
    A combined review score of 61% on metacritic (or 59% for the PS3 version)
    Always trust your gut!:P

I'm a 'fan' of the movies -- the first trilogy anyway - it would have more respect as a franchise if they'd stopped it with Kramer's death. I'm interested in trying it out.

Saw (:)) it for 40 in gamestop. I'd prefer to rent it, but my Xtravision doesn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

It actually doesn't look that bad. It seems to be mostly about solving puzzles, with the gore aspect thrown in (not disimilar to a lot of games which show a death cutscene if you fail a task, dead space for example). Unfortunately it looks like the puzzles have been ripped right out of the movies, and are more the gore than actually using any brain power to get into the next room.

It's pretty low down on my list of games to play, although I'll keep it on the backburner for that mid year lull in new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yea i saw the video review on gametrailers.com i think and it looked ok. controls are a bit sticky and combat is poor but the game definitely has some qualities. the atmosphere seems bang on the money and jigsaw's voice is the same as the movies or else its a really good impersonator.

• Advertisement

Tobin Bell is credited with the voice work (same actor as the movies).

Advertisement