Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology Degree part time

Options
  • 27-11-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,I'm new to this so not quite sure how 2 use it yet!just wondering does anyone know of a part time degree in psychology in the Munster region or am I better off going down the Open University route??

All replies welcome,
    Thanx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Look on nightcourses.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Hazel O

Thanx,jst checked dat but nothin much on it!tink open university could b my best option!!?? :confused:

Just to 'warn' you, a psych degree part time will take at least 4 years, and once you have the degree if you want to actually work as a psychologist you'll need to do a masters or a PhD which is 1-4 years extra study.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hazel O wrote: »
    Thanx,jst checked dat but nothin much on it!tink open university could b my best option!!?? :confused:

Hi and welcome to the site. Firstly, could I just point out that txt speak is not permitted on the site, so please don't use it. People will start shouting at you, and we can't be having that. :D

Have you checked the UCC website? Also, apart from Open University, there is also a psychology component to the Oscail Arts degree (www.oscail.ie). Not sure if that is enough for your needs, though.

Thanks for the warning! :D I don't really know what to do now,it takes so long to do the degree part time and then I would have to do a masters on top of that!oh it's all a bit confusing!thanks for the advice though!

• Advertisement

There's also quite a lot of maths and statistics in a psych degree - just warning you about these things as I had no idea when I started my psych degree :)

Thanks,it's great to get all this info before I make a decision!i suppose if I really want to do it,the length of it doesn't matter!just have to decide if I really want to do it! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Lemondrop kid

Hazel O wrote: »
    Thanks,it's great to get all this info before I make a decision!i suppose if I really want to do it,the length of it doesn't matter!just have to decide if I really want to do it! :confused:

www.qualifax.ie
    Should have al the info
    Lucky you're in munster as limerick uni does a part time option (as far as i remember)
    I will say this though - psych is more of a science subject in Ireland than an arts subject - in other words you have to like the medical/ mathamatical model of human behaviour -stats. quantitative data accumulation, citations by the bucket load etc etc - not for the 'what's it all about' enthusiast.
    So get the prospectus, locate some students and get the low down. This site has NUI students somewhere, so post them.
    If it's counselling work you seek - there are different routes than uni.
    Strongly advice much research before yuo commit.:)

Don't think UL do a part time degree but I'll check it out again,thanks!Has anyone done the open university degree?How did ye find it?

Advertisement