Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting For The First Time

Options
  • 27-11-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, I am moving out with my boyfriend after christmas...we are going to be looking for a 2 bed apartment in swords...I have been watching prices decrease over the past few months, and they are going for about €800-€850 at the mo! I am just wondering do you think we could haggle the price down to €700-€750? Also, does anyone have any tips or advice on what to look out for when viewing properties?
    all help is welcomed, thanks! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

My advice would be ALWAYS ask, you have nothing to loose, there are alot of landlords in trouble.
    One of the main considerations for a landlord is that you will be a hassle free tenant, pay your rent on time no mad parties etc, this is of a bigger concern than the bottom line.

Remember its a renters market at the minute.... you are the customer.

Good luck on setting up your first home... enjoy :)

Advertisement