Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combination guns! anybody licence one?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 9:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Did anyone licence one under the new system and how did you interpret the storage requirements for such a firearm?

Other than that did you encounter any legal or garda policy obstacles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Still waiting on that one Ivan.But as it was liscensed as a rifle rather than a shotgun under the old system[at least mine was].I would ASSume it will be classified as a unrestricted rifle.:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

A friend of mine had a combo blaser 12 gauge and I think 308. He did get it licensed under the old system after a bit of head scratching by the local FO, who I have to say was 100%. he got rid of it later as he felt it was a bit gimmicy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

They're ideal for continental driven big game. Let's say you're on a boar drive...piggy comes out. Bang...8x57...fox comes out..Bang...cartridge of 00.

As for licencing them, I've never had one but I suppose under the new system it should be a lot simpler since there's no difference between shotguns and rifles anymore.

Advertisement