Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using wii to watch avis off usb stick but what about ext hard disk?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if there is a way to connect an external hd to the wii and watch avi's off it. i have it working with geexbox and watch the films off a usb stick but don't have a ext hd to test yet:(. will get one defo if geexbox supports the hd or something else. anyone got this going yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

breadbin wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering if there is a way to connect an external hd to the wii and watch avi's off it. i have it working with geexbox and watch the films off a usb stick but don't have a ext hd to test yet:(. will get one defo if geexbox supports the hd or something else. anyone got this going yet?

I used MPlayerCE with an external hard drive to play an avi when I was testing my homebrew apps, so it is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 46 slick31

Hi,
    wondering if anyone could help. i could have this totally wrong but... i put the mplayer ce i think and the geebox?? on my wii. i thought i'd be able to watch dvd's? but when i put one in it doesn't fully load? comes up with an error that something isn't loaded.
    should i be able to watch dvd's or can you only watch movies of a usb stick?
    if anyone knows how to fix the loading error i'd be really grateful. i've searched the web and found others have the same problem, but can't find a solution?
    cheers,
    Slick:D

Advertisement