Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16th party!

Options
  • 27-11-2009 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

well i posted a thread under personal issues about this but things have changed!:)

i was meant to have a 16th party at my house but the guest list grew bigger and bigger so theres like 40 people coming.

Dad suggested that i have the party in the local GAA hall with a DJ as realistically it would be crowed in my house!!

At first i hated the idea but now im thinking it would be the best andit would be good craic! or is it too much for just a 16th??

what do ye think?? :confused: please help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

IMO you would need a good bit more than 40 to fill out a GAA hall but I suppose anywhere is better than your house.

I had well over 50 ppl at my 18th, place got wrecked lol

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Probably best to have it in the GAA as if there's too many in the house it'll just be a pain to fit everyone in. This way you can have dancing at one end and some tables etc at the other end, and there's still space.

And have plates of finger food here and there?

Often word of these parties spread quickly so have someone at the door to keep the eejits out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xstarz 2kaii9x

IMO you would need a good bit more than 40 to fill out a GAA hall but I suppose anywhere is better than your house.

I had well over 50 ppl at my 18th, place got wrecked lol
    hey Useful.Idiot

wellthats onlyso far....like i havent counted the people i must invite cuz there 4nds are going ya know!! the hall is rather small anyways!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ah right, then definitely go for it. Few peeps with DJ is always a good buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xstarz 2kaii9x

ah right, then definitely go for it. Few peeps with DJ is always a good buzz.

ya thanks just needed sme reassurance!:) hopefully it will go well!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

If you're house isn't that big, then it would probably be a better idea to have it in another venue - plus it means that your house won't get wrecked nor will you have to deal with the clean up the following morning!! ;)

It will also give you the scope to ask a few more people than you would have otherwise done!

Advertisement