Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please, please please help - EOS450D driver

• 27-11-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Here's the scenario:

Laptop LCD screen broken. For some reason cannot get it to work on the monitor belonging to this PC im now using.
    This PC does not have the software installed that came with my Canon 450D.
    I moved house 6 weeks ago, have just spent two hours searching for the disks - cant find them when you need them most of course.
    Cant waste anymore time.

I need to email pictures to a manager of a store who were promoting their stuff last night, and don't want to let them down, but cant upload images onto any system because of no software to convert raw images. Have tried online on Canon site, it was down for a while, but now I still cant get what I need.

Can anyone advise or give the right link?

PLEASE!!!!! Im cracking up here.:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Sorry, I don't have the Canon drivers but if it's raw file conversion there are a number of utilities available to you. Do a search of the forum and you'll find some suggestions.

UFRaw is one which I use which appears to work with most RAW file formats. If stuck it would be worth a try.

Or if memory serves me correctly you could download the lightroom trial (full functional for 30days) and import the raws into it.

A couple of ideas if no one points you towards the actual software disks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010610.asp

Maybe this link has your camera software download. Hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

just thought of another idea, you could plug the moniter into the VGA out of your laptop, and that way you could still use your laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

download picasa, the latest version handles RAWs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

If Landyman's idea doesn't work.... a quick google pointed me towards these piece of software. I haven't a clue how good or bad they are - obviously check it with antivirus/malware checkers first

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
    http://www.stepok.net/eng/raw_importer.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

another option

install irfanview + irfanview plugins

it should open the raw files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

landyman wrote: »
    just thought of another idea, you could plug the moniter into the VGA out of your laptop, and that way you could still use your laptop

I tried it several times but I dont think de laptop accepts de VGA cable as the monitor keeps going into standby mode (powersaving ie not getting signal from laptop), and got sick of trying. Even tried with an ancient monitor:(

@Silverside - going to try that now. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Picasa worked a treat - did think of it earlier, but hadn't realised it obviousely does convert raw, as im using it on the laptop and thought it was the canons software which was enabeling picasa to read the raw image:o:o

Now off to export images to a folder for emailing.

Thanks all for yer help!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Glad you got sorted - just in case you don't know, if you want to use an external monitor on your laptop you have to enable video to the monitor socket first - usually a keyboard shortcut. For example on Dell Inspiron 3000 Press <Fn><F8> to display the video image on an external monitor, on the computer's display, or on both simultaneously.

Advertisement