Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American to Euro adapter plugs

Options
  • 27-11-2009 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

I bought something from America that obviously has an american style plug. So now I need to try and find (as quick as possible preferably) a plug that has the American plug one one side and the irish adapter on the other. Its the reverse of what you can find in dunnes and tesco so does anyone know anywhere that might have any of these in stock? Would like to get them in an electrical shop 2moro save buying on the internet. I made a mistake in the topic title, obviously again I mean an american to Irish adapter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Any electrical shop should really have them - we were in Debenham's today in Galway and they had these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Xiney wrote: »
    Any electrical shop should really have them - we were in Debenham's today in Galway and they had these.
    Are they the ones that will allow American gear to work in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

You need to check the bottom/back of the device to see if it supports 110V - 240V. If it does all you need is the plug adapter. If the device only supports 110V than you will also need a power converter that converts 220V to 110V in addition to the plug adapter.

Eg. I got 2 LCD monitors from the U.S. and they both support 110-220V and run perfectly fine here with the plug adapter I got from the states.

If you dont find the adapter in a store here you can def. get them online but that will take some time and you prob. have to pay for shipping also.

Hope that helps.

Just checked them there, they are 125v, so i'm going to have to get the converters aswell. I'm so broke after paying the customs charge on them, where would be the cheapest place to get the adapter and converter? Would prefer to go to town or curries and get them today, so anyone know the best place to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Just checked them there, they are 125v, so i'm going to have to get the converters aswell. I'm so broke after paying the customs charge on them, where would be the cheapest place to get the adapter and converter? Would prefer to go to town or curries and get them today, so anyone know the best place to look?

on the web, you want me to check? I saw them on ebay or amazon

• Advertisement

Cheers tulip, was going to look on ebay mself but thought i'd try some local retailers first Cliffords sorted me out for a good price seeing as I got 3 adapter and converters for €75 and was told elsewhere €70 for one was a decent deal.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

I got one in argos a few months ago.
    You can even check stock online & save you the trip there.

Advertisement