Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apocolyptic Farmer?? bear with me

• 27-11-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Well folks,
    remembering back a few years ago now, at the time of the last solar eclipse, around ten years ago?? Anyway i was listening to that tart G-Ryan while on the binder, and there was this guy on who believed firmly that there were great floods going to descend upon us all and leave the country/world under a few feet of water after the eclipse, i'm talking Noah old testament type of job, not Cork 2009.
    This guy, who was a beef farmer i think, was so convinced/mad that he had, among other things, all his farm buildings raised off the ground a couple of feet to cope, and his justification was to be able to provide food for people in the aftermath.
    He was talking to g-ryan the day before the eclipse and explaining everything, seemed like a nice guy, a bit posh, dillusioned i guess but totally convinced. People who knew of him or lived in the area rang in to confirm what he was saying, the raised building etc, they also thought he was bonkers bydwy.
    So next day the eclipse came and went but no floods, the guy was back on and he was in bits i believe and the wife had left him that morning, thats all i know as i had to go away from the radio.

Just wondering can anyone remember this guy or know of him now, it was fascinating stuff, i might be wrong but think he was in Limerick maybe??

Advertisement